April 16, 2024, 11:07:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Weight Loss

Started by luise.volta, January 07, 2013, 01:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Nik, if you do decide to try, one of the great things about it is you can set your own "limits" on sodium and such and watch it.  That's why I enjoyed it so much.  I was trying to low-carb it too because that works for me along with the lower calories and it allowed me to lower my carb intake to what I wanted.

I love mfp!  It takes a little getting used to, but it works.  I bounced a little around the holidays, but I am only 2 lbs above what I had lost two years ago.  It's a lifestyle change.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

That's so encouraging...the two-year thing, P. And you won't be two pounds over long! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

nikncon

Well I started The D. word today.I found it so easy to recordyour foods.They do all the work for you.I didn't have enough calories or carbs.I guess that I'll get used to it.Visit me I'm nikncon on MFP.Seeyou there!!! ;)

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

Great . I'll see if I can "friend" you there. I'm Weegi.

Pooh

Congrats Nik!  You got this!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on January 14, 2013, 12:06:25 PM
That's so encouraging...the two-year thing, P. And you won't be two pounds over long! Sending love...

I've found that I flucuate 2-5 lbs all the time.  I guess it's a girl thing?  I'll be up 3-4 lbs one day, then two days later, back down without changing anything.  I've always done it no matter what I do.  The meds I have to take all the time may have something to do with it too.  I've been luckier than most.  They warned me that 2 of my meds tend to cause weight gain, but I haven't had that much gain on them.  I did in the beginning with the steroids.  I popped up 10 lbs in two weeks, but it slowly came off too.
Joseph Campbell

nikncon

Hello ladies.Just wanted to know how to get my Fitness Pal results on your website like you have.Thanks.Day 2!!

Pooh

Click on the "Tools" tab.  Underneath that you will now see the word "Tickers". Click on that and it will walk you through all your options.  You can upload your own pic on one of the pages, choose to go by weight or lbs. lost and change color or the little marker thingy as you go through.  When you are done, it will give you the codes to add to your signature.  Just copy and paste it here in your signature and it should work.  (Use the one that says: BBcode for forum signatures).

Joseph Campbell

nikncon

BBcode Lost one pound.Where is my tracker???

luise.volta

I tried to answer that on MFP. If it doesn't work and we will get it right, eventually.

Pooh

I'm sorry Nik.  That was my fault.  That was how it used to work, but I haven't been in there for awhile and just noticed it's been changed up a bit.

1.   On your "My Home" page, look down on the left.  You will see the generic ticker and below it, it says "Add to your site", click on that.
2.   Now when you look across the top at the tabs where it says "My Home" "Food" "Exercise", etc., directly below that is some smaller words, click on "tickers"
3.   It will walk you through how to create your ticker.  When you are done, there will be a couple of codes.  One reads "BB code" and the other reads "HTML".  You want to copy the "BB code" one and paste it into your signature here on your profile.

I hope that works!
Joseph Campbell

Pen

I love how we, grownups all, want to see our tracker icon move!

;D
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

That reminds me, P...where's yours?

DivaGirlDIL

luise.volta

Lots of people in my program at www.MyFitnessPal.com do WW. It's really diverse because you do you own thing with both food and exercise...all you do there is log it all in every day and enjoy the support. :-)