April 19, 2024, 08:40:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Young Adult Children

Started by heartpain101, December 29, 2012, 09:35:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Welcome HP.  I don't have anything to add, just wanted to say "Hey!"
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

heartpain101

To my Dear Friends here on this amazing site.   :-\ :-*
   I have been pretty good, and have you all to thank.   It has been a week since I de friended my DD on FB.  I have cried a few moments, BUT  I have not let my 2 sided feelings on this get me down.  The " NEED " to look at her page, or her face, or to check out if she's been on have lessened.  I feel Good about my decision, because it was for my health/sanity.   I still pray for her, and think about her, but have kept myself busy with our oldest daughter and both GC  stayed for a few days  ;D       I have read many stories that touch my heart in many ways.  This is great place to get help, understanding, and strength to help ease a mutual hurt that we all have.  A mother's love is the closest connection we ALL have.  Thank you for all your love.  I hope some day I will be able to give an input to someone just like you all have for me.     :)

Faith

Dear heartpain101, how lovely to hear you have been spending time with your OD and GC's.

Your DD seems to have a busy happy life. So long as she gets in touch with you that is a positive thing.

Texts can be a minefield as I have discovered to my cost. Emails can be misinterpreted too.

Why not send her a friendly postcard or notelet every week. You might be pleasantly surprised by DD's response.

When she gets older I suspect she will visit you more often, especially when she has children of her own.