April 17, 2024, 11:32:33 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Hello it's Footloose....making it day by day with my new direction?

Started by Footloose, December 17, 2012, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footloose

Hi Ladies,
Just checking in and I know it's been a long while.  Still no word from my son since his letter received.  Remember the WWU subject, "Letters to our adult children we would never send"?  Well he actually mailed it!

He let me have it with embellished remorse and anger. More than 10 pages, typed.  The letter has gone unanswered.  I have no forwarding address. I lived those days with him yet take away a very different story. I can only have my own memories and his belong to him.  Right or wrong.

I have been stalking Facebook, yes guilty as charged!  I have found some pictures of my new granddaughter on line and have saved them. I was never contacted after the birth or during the pregnancy at late term.  My last, good visit was back in March.  The baby was due in mid June. 

I have endured the isolation and missed many birthdays and their move from Atl to Phoenix without a mention or contact. 

So I stay busy and continue to work, full time as a project manager and frequent volunteer.  I have been spending a lot of time with my mom who is close to 80 and my DS's 85+ year old, paternal grandparents.  The time spent has been a blessing and I actually am doing pretty well considering this is my first holiday season w/o my son and his beautiful family.

I have very fond memories of last Christmas, at my son's home, being included, welcomed and loved.  This year my DH and I will be going to the white north to visit with my childhood state and elder family.  Our gift to my mom was a plane ticket so she could be there thru the holidays.  DH and I will be there for a week, during her 3 weeks w/ her bro and sis.

I love the idea of taking time with our precious elders.  Children get so much time just because they are just so scrumptiously adorable.  Elders often get ignored as we may not be so adorable, smell funny, etc...
I may explore a venture in elder care as my next vocation, who knows?  The sky is the limit?

I am a nurturer and I guess that's why I so love to garden and teach.  I find my greatest happiness in making things better for others and my reward is feeling grand!  but today is cold and rainy and I am feeling blue, in spite of my harried approach to fill my time.  The void remains and the longing continues but I shall continue to suffer in silence and good deeds shall be my salvation.

So today I will feel sorry for myself and those lost in CT and all the world's woes.  My heart will rain today too but I know that the sun will come up tomorrow and it WILL be a better day?

Dear WWU friends, my heart goes out to you with kind understanding as i too share your losses as closely as if they were my own.  My wish for you is PEACE during this time of great trouble and uncertainty. 

Tomorrow will be a better day?

Pen

Good to hear from you, FL. You sound like you're moving forward, even if every now & then there's a glitch...happens to us all.

Peace be with you as well.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I am finding that for every 1 thing in my life that is wrong, I can name 10 right things.  That's what I am doing now...counting my blessings and letting go of the past.  My life, my choice and I have so much to be grateful for.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell