March 28, 2024, 01:22:23 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Wise Words - Author Unknown

Started by Keys Girl, December 16, 2012, 11:34:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

The Four Agreements

1. Be impeccable with your word
   a. Speak with integrity   
   b. Say only what you mean
   c. Avoid using the Word to speak against yourself or to gossip about others
   d. Use the power of your word in the direction of truth and love

2. Don't Take Anything Personally
   a. Nothing others do is because of you
   b. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream.
   c. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won't be    the victim of needless suffering

3. Don't Make Assumptions
   a. Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want
   b. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.
   c. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

4. Always do your Best
   a. Your best is going to change from moment to moment it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick
   b. Under any circumstances, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret

"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pen

Thanks, KG. I need to print this out and put it where I can see it every minute of every day!

Here's the link to the book: http://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal-Freedom/dp/1878424319
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Keys Girl

Thanks, Pen, I didn't realize it came from a book.  I found it on Facebook in a poster.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell