March 28, 2024, 03:12:39 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Spammer concerns

Started by Pen, November 30, 2012, 07:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Hi, all -

I was wondering why no one was posting lately and it occurred to me that perhaps some of you were concerned about the obvious spammer names that were showing up as new members. These spammers are generated as robo-names and cannot get through to our accounts or even post. Once in awhile a spam post gets through, but if we refrain from clicking on any links within the post we're just fine.

For quite some time I was trying to eradicate the spammer accounts, but it got out of hand. We will take immediate action to eradicate any spam posts that do get through, but they are few and far between.

Please continue to post! We've got a great webmaster, Kirk, who takes fabulous care of us :)

Perhaps we're all doing so well we have no need for feedback these days - now that would be wonderful!!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Yeah, the Kirk is a keeper! :-) It seems to me that this happens every year when we get busy with the holidays. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama