April 20, 2024, 04:22:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Acronyms? Is there a listing of the acronyms used here? I don't get them.

Started by Sweetey15, November 24, 2012, 06:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetey15

I have no idea what DD,DH DS, DDS, etc. etc. stand for.  Is there a listing of what this acronyms mean?

luise.volta

S - It is a requirement on my Website to go to the Home page and then to the first category, Open Me First, and to read all three posts that I have put there. In addition, you need to understand and agree with the Forum Agreement. (It's a fit for most but not all.) In the process you will be pointed toward  the answer to your questions. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Sweetey15

OK. Did that. Read all three of your posts.  But didn't find a list of your acronyms. Did I miss it?

luise.volta

When reading "How To Post" what part of the following sentence do you not understand?

"Also, you can familiarize yourself with many of the abbreviations used here by scrolling down the Home Page to Helpful Resources."

Faith

I have read the Open me first and How to post but cannot find the acronyms. I have some things to say but would like to learn the codes first.
Thank you Faith

luise.volta

Welcome - It's in How To Post. Second sentence, I think. Scroll down the Home Page to Helpful Resources and look under Abbreviations.

Faith

luise.volta

F -  Thanks for getting back on this. The question is asked often. Can you suggest how we can do a better job of referring our newbies to that information in our Read Me First section? Or maybe a separate post in Read Me First that is abbreviations only?

Faith

Hi L,

I would suggest a separate post titled Acronyms. Maybe make it the first or second one if possible?

I think it would probably be easier for newbies if it is put in Open Me First.  I don't know if it would possible to put it in search? At the moment, one is taken to the software information.

:)

luise.volta

Thanks a lot. I'll make that change. I thought they were abbreviations. That's what they're under in a search.

luise.volta

OK - When you get a chance, please take a look under Open Me First. I don't know why it didn't post with a colored backgound. I'm no "Techie" at the age of 85, obviously! Thanks, again.

Faith

luise.volta

Begonia

I was really lost about the acronyms too and never did find them, I just figured them out.  I like F's suggestions.  Also, it would be simple to include in the description under Open Me First something like....Here you will find subjects on How To Post, Forum Rules, Acronyms...."  (this would show up without clicking). That would have helped me to start out.  A great job on this website, it is really user friendly...thanks K and L and Mods.
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift (Eleanor Roosevelt)

luise.volta

B -  That's how I learned them, too. Our early members brought the abbreviations with them. :-) I will ask Kirk if there is room to write more in the Open My First slot. Sending love...