March 28, 2024, 02:09:41 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Husband hurting my relationship with adult children/GC

Started by cdb19, November 11, 2012, 05:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cdb19

My heart is beating hard right now. My husband will call my adult son and daughter who have spouses and kids. He and my daughter in the past teamed up against me....before her wedding. Such a long story. This did not make it good for me as the son-inlaw has probably never liked me,,as daughter told me a long time ago.
Well my daughter will turn on my husband too. We may not hear from her for weeks..and my husband will not call her. He just called her on his cell phone. All happy and talkative. He may or may not tell me anything about the conversation and gets angry if I ask how things are.
I work on taking care of me.......it hurts though!
cdb

luise.volta

Hi, Nice to see your again. Yes, loving yourself is the answer. We can't count on others for our own sense of peace and self worth. How they relate to each other isn't about us and yet we're often at the effect of the fall out. There are games going on, it seems to me...and you are very wise not to complicate things further by entering into them. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cdb19

Thanks for sending love...not much in my life. My heart is still pounding many hours later. It is so hard to let go at times. I know listening to religious  music helps me. My cat  who is 16 years old may be dying. That is so hard for me now. He got me through my depression and loss of health and employment in the late 90s. He may pull through with medication etc. It is still stressfull.
cdb