March 28, 2024, 11:42:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Oasis

Started by lancaster lady, November 08, 2012, 01:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

Hello everyone ! Long time no see !
I have been thinking about my friends across the pond , with the terrible weather , and also the election .
I hope your person of choice was elected !
I am tuning in today to say a big thankyou to you all , and to reassure any newbies reading this Forum
how welcome you will be made . These ladies do not judge , they listen , and when all around you is falling
down ,this site is a welcome port in the storm .
they saved my life , my sanity , and gave me the strength to carry on when I felt my heart had been
ripped out . Looking back , perhaps that is a bit over dramatic , but at the time I was rock bottom .
This tribute goes to Luise , my cyber Mom , and all her loyal mods and friends who help to make this
forum truly unique .
I thankyou from the bottom of my heart , which I still have thanks to you .
Not always with you in body but always in spirit .
As Luise says ....Sending Love ........<3

Doe

November 08, 2012, 07:45:41 AM #1 Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:13:50 AM by luise.volta
Hi LL!
I agree, this is a wonderful home away from home, populated by some very special people.  A treasure to recommend to others in need. 

luise.volta

LL - I see your name and I picture scones! Yum! :) Wonderful to hear from you. I think of you often and I deeply appreciate your kudos. The quality of our site and the healing that happens here are about all of us. Our Moderators give it their best and our courageous members are willing to work through what has taken them down and then help others to their feet; an unbeatable combination. Sending love right back to you! 
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I see her name and still immediately think clotted cream :)

Good to see you LL and glad you are still kicking!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, yes...and clotted cream fudge!  8) Remember when I sent for some from Scottland after a member complained about getting it for Christmas and LL told us how it was made? 

Pooh

Yes, because I got some as a gift and was grossing out.  Made myself try it and it was actually good, just couldn't get past the "how it's made" part....
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Although I just realized I'm somewhat of a hypocrite.  I love potted meat and I know "how it's made".  Hmmmm....
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Was that you? I was so jealous! :D (At least it wasn't "clotted meat!" LOL!)

Pooh

Yes that was me! Lol.  And......GROSSSSSS!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Thank you, Pooh. I do my best!  8)

LL - I sent your post on to Kirk. He serves WWU so lovingly for free. I love to let him know that his work matters.  :)

Pen

Good to hear from you, LL! I've been wondering how things were going with you. Thanks for your good wishes.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb