March 28, 2024, 02:15:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My daughter complains about her husband . Hates me if I say anything

Started by AnnaB, October 15, 2012, 12:22:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbalescapes

Everyone needs a catchphrase to express support but not give an opinion.  "there, there"  "bless your heart"  "ahh" "hmmmm" "oh"

I hope things smooth out for you.  You can't make them deal with their own problems, but you take the target off your back.  Good luck. 

AnnaB

Thank you for your comments. I told them both that I love them and wish them well. I said I was hurt.  It that I will heal and I hope they can mend their marriage. I invited my daughter to go to an art fair with me after Thanksgivng. More than likely she will not contact me. My conscience is clear.  if I do  see her again I plan to practice what you have all helped me with. Wish me luck I refuse to go back to the beach! But it hurts. I do weep from time to time wishing I had daughters that loved me. It's an old cliche but it is what it is.

luise.volta

Good for you! I don't see expectations, hopes and dreams as cliche. It seems to me they are built into most of us. We just have to get that we made them up...we "own" them and others have no obligation to fulfill them. Wishing they would is pretty natural but/and if we become attached to our wishes, they can take us down. What we focus on expands...what we set aside contracts. For me...that has brought peace when I put it into action. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama