March 28, 2024, 03:38:59 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Gift Ideas

Started by pam1, September 28, 2012, 08:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I just love the lip gloss thing, Pooh! How creative, sweet and loving!  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

LOL Doe and Pooh.  The guy asked me if I wanted to meet it and I just knew I couldn't.  I would probably give it a name and take it home...
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

Our neighbor's grandson calls their piggies "Pork Chop" & "Bacon," lol.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Well, when I get out of baby shower and wedding hades, I'll let you know if the lip gloss is any good!  I've got 90% of the baby shower stuff bought, now just to start putting it all together.  I made a motorcycle diaper decoration this weekend while FDIL finished working on her bouquets, and tonight I'm starting the diaper cake centerpieces for the tables while I show FDIL how to make her boutineires.  My house looks like a craft store took over. :)  On a wonderful note...after a whirlwind 12 hour shopping day Saturday, we FINALLY found her a dress!  It's really hard to find one when your belly is a size 10 but your top is a size 4! 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

FDIL has my sympathy...that's sort of the way I'm built. I was so tired reading about what you are in the middle of that I had to go take a nap!

Boy, did she luck out in the MIL Department!!! 8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

...as you did in the FDIL department, Pooh. What a couple of sweeties :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Aww...thanks.  She is very sweet and loving.  She's going to make a great Mom.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell