March 28, 2024, 09:44:30 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Gifts of ImperfectionI

Started by Elise, August 28, 2012, 09:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elise

I am reading a wonderful book titled 'The Gifts of Imperfection" by Brene Brown.  It speaks to the difficult to articulate components of what the author calls whole hearted living. She is also online under her name with a blog and a wonderful TED talk she gave in recent years - very prestigious to be invited to speak at a TED conference as only those who are considered to have very new ideas which can change our world are invited. I am especially touched by her detailed explanations of our very deep needs to have connection and feel we belong, which so many of us struggle with in our relations with our AC. Her work researching shame is land mark work and has led her into these other areas now. It is not an easy read, rather an engrossing one which provokes a lot of thought for me at least and new understanding of myself and others.

luise.volta

I've read that one and found it well worth the effort.  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama