March 28, 2024, 06:18:14 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Quotes on the forum that we love

Started by Pooh, August 23, 2012, 06:19:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

So we all keep seeing something that a member writes that we really love.  Things we connect with and just makes sense.  I see them, love them and then totally forget where they are at or exactly how they went.  So I'm going to start this thread so when you see something that a member writes, that you totally love and want to remember, post it here so you can find it again.  I'm not talking about quotes that we find on the internet by other people, but by our forum members.  We all know that Luise throws out some good ones and I think if we have a collection of them in one place, it will be great to come back to this thread when we need a little uplift and read through them.  At least, that's what I plan to do.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

I'll start it this morning with one Doe loved and so did I.

(NewMama) "We only get to be older and wiser by being young and stupid."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Great idea, Pooh!

from Luise:

We give our kids the best we have to give but/and there comes a time when we need to see what else is out there.

My take is that trusting others is a lost cause.  (still makes me chuckle)

and the great rallying call:

I am more than a mother.