April 19, 2024, 09:06:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Life is like a BoxofChocolates

Started by BoxofChocolates, August 13, 2012, 10:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nikncon

Welcome BOC!Love the name too.I feel that you will be also helping others with your wise comments.As mothers we did our best with the tools that we had.Keep writing.You are very inspiring.PS I love that you write with bigger print.My vision isn't the greatest.Your messages are so easy to read.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

SCW

Welcome Boxy!  I am happy to meet you and happy that you found this wonderful fellowship we have here.
You sound like you have to wisdom of Confucius and the Patience of Job.  I would someday love to have that feeling of the weight being lifted.  That would be a blessing.
Until then I keep a busy life and empty head  ;)
We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.
Junvenal

BoxofChocolates

Hi there SCW! Oh my....I do not have the wisdom near what I would like, nor the patience! But it's better than it used to be, it HAS to be.

I still cry, have times I feel a lack of wisdom in what to do next, mainly where my two grandchildren are concerned in the one daughter's divorce. I know they are being neglected, but have to be patient in 'building' a case with their dad and just listening to them tell me things as they begin to open up is breaking my heart. But I pray and know that God will guide me and when we have enough to go on, then perhaps we can truly help the kids get out of that home and with their daddy where they can feel safer and happier.

In the meantime, I do my best to help the 11 year old with her homework and the little 5 year old gets tons of love from me and his papa...........MANY hugs and kisses, and we wait....at least I am blessed to be able to see them and they know no matter what, we love them and they are safe here.

This is indeed, a 'Box of Chocolates' !!

I know I loved them the best I knew how.