April 19, 2024, 06:18:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

PEACE!!!!!

Started by JaneF, August 11, 2012, 02:07:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneF

Hello my WWU friends!  Just  had a bit of time to myself while everyone else is sleeping.  I call this my "ME TIME"!  Since I work third shift I try to stay on schedule on my nights off.  It tends to make it a bit easier on this old gal, as this shift can be hard on a body.  I am having a very different week this past week.  It has been very, very peaceful and calm.  Probably due to the fact that I have not gotten one single call or text message from my daughter, her husband, or her ex either!  I am not sure if it is because I made them all angry when I told them they are to deal with their own issues and consequences, or if they are all in rehab somewhere (doubtful), or what.  But in any case I have slept much better and have felt much better, so I'll take it!  Been busy getting my grandaughter school supplies and clothes and shoes purchased, and so we have enjoyed "girls day out" together a few times, and go to lunch too.  She really has goos taste as far as clothes go, and dresses very cute, but modestly which I am happy about.  She is only 13 after all.  I let her choose her items now, but I get veto power if not appropriate, but she tends to shop well.  She was deeply saddened though last week when her most beloved pet passed away.  She is a true animal lover.  She and my husband made him a small wooden box and buried him under the old picket fence in the flower garden, right under the sweet peas.  Those were planted because that is what my husband calls her.  There is a fish pond with waterfall feature there as well (but no fish!).  Just plants and stone bench and lovely rock garden.  I have agreed to take on a part time job  for every other weekend.  I know it sounds nuts, but actually it will dog sitting, for a man at work and I know my grandaughter adores dogs so it will be great for us to do together as well as teach her about responsibility for a dog.  She wants a dog, but at this time we would rather not get one!  This is best of both worlds, part time fun with a dog without vet bills and bathing etc!  She will be so very excited to begin and we will share the earnings of course.  (as well as responsibility for the care).  She is eager to start again in band as she loved it last year.  Thanks for allowing me to post a happy report...what a blessing!  I know all of us here have difficulty, and sadness a lot of times and I have to say it is nice to report good news sometimes!  One never knows when ugliness will rear it's head again, but thanks to all the wise ladies here it is nice to feel there is support out there and people who understand.  My birthday is this month (yuk) lol, but I plan to try and make my 52nd year a great one!  I did get a raise at work this month, so we are off to a good start!  Have a joyous weekend ladies.   J

Ruth

Jane, I'm happy for you, truly happy.  I was so touched about your laying to rest your gd's pet and the special time and relationship you're building with her.  Go Granny Go!!   And I am also delighted about your 'part time job'!  I , too, am  going in a new direction, and I'm excited about it.  This week I start my new volunteer job.  I am starting up a 'reading room' at an Assisted Living facility here.  I have been going through books and ideas like crazy, and I am so anxious to meet my small group and see where it takes us.  Also, starting in Sept. I am going to get to work in preschool at my Church.  It will be a new thing for me to be involved with very small children.

We have to manage to live our lives, alongside hurt and disappointment, and in doing so pull some of the sweet out and nourish ourselves and the others who want what we have to give.  This isn't an easy job description, simple but not easy.  Stories like the one you just shared help inspire me to keep moving forward, in spite of my disappointments, and be thankful for the things I have.  Jane, whenever a low day comes, and they will come, remember the joys you had this week and make it happen again for yourself.  You can do it.

luise.volta

J - Beautiful! What is the most reassuring to me is that you are so receptive. You haven't become jaded, as in, "Yeah, sure...it looks good right now, but just wait!" You have a singing heart. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

herbalescapes

GOOD FOR YOU!!!!!!  think gd could give me some fashion tips? 

firelight

JaneF,

It was a pleasure reading your post this a.m....sounds like your GD is in good, loving, and sensible hands!  I could almost smell the fresh air in your post.  I love that you're developing a close relationship with GD.  We must embrace all things positive.   :)

Enjoyed the burial ceremony description (in a tender, loving way, not acutal "enjoyment") as well as the planting of the Sweet Peas. 

I also wanted to wish you a very happy birthday, as mine is this month also.  Happy Birthday, sister!  Mine will be #48 and plan to be in northern Michigan, camping on the river with my motorcycle....oh yeah, the hubby will be there too.  ;-)
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

Doe

Jane, you made me happy!  Thanks for posting about the good life and here's to many more weeks like that for you!  I'm sorry about the dog, but it sounds he's in a wonderful place for remembrance.

JaneF

Thanks for all replies once again, you gals are GREAT!  Firelight, we have had this GC since she would fit in a shoe box!  So all her life, and yes we are very bonded with her.  We do family things with her like camping too!  She loves to go, and she likes fishing too.  We do rather prefer less drama in our lives, especially for her sake.  We are very blessed to have her as my husband never had kids of his own.  She is like him in many ways. Gentle, quiet, kind.  The teachers all say so.  I hope her teen years are as easy as the first 12 were, she just turned 12 this summer.  lol  Everyone have a fabulous day!  Luise thanks for your awesome reply, you are swell!    J

Pooh

Oh Jane that's wonderful and what joy to read about the lovely relationship you have with your GC.  Kudos on the raise too!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell