April 23, 2024, 04:34:51 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Sand Castle Crashed but I'm surviving

Started by Ruth, August 09, 2012, 02:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoxofChocolates

August 21, 2012, 07:28:24 AM #75 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:34:26 PM by Pooh
Pooh you crack me up!! I was an Eagles freak too, still am! And Jackson Browne...who wrote a lot of their stuff. I saw Jackson Browne in a small Ohio town before he hit it big, awesome! And my late brothers and I used to sit with their guitars and sing all those songs together. What great memories....and I miss them so much. But day by day there are less tears of grief and a few more of laughter.
I know I loved them the best I knew how.

SCW

I am a few years younger then you Luise, but my Daddy taught me the Jitterbug, oh how I miss days like that!  Such a simple things makes for such sweet memories.  That is what this world is missing, time to have fun and learn cool things.  And the interest of our kids to have time with us. 

Maybe that is what happens with an over scheduled life.  We have put too much stock into our kids learning all of the sports and arts and not enough time letting them learn about us.  And us not giving them that part of ourselves.

PS  We used to do the Jitterbug at weddings, it was such fun to show off  :-* Love ya Dad
We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.
Junvenal

Lillycache

My parents taught me the jitterbug in the 50s.  I also learned some Ballroom dancing from my grandfather who was an instructor at one of the big ballrooms in chicago in the 30's.   I grew up listening to my moms 78 records. She had all the old songs from the 40's and WWII.  I loved the Andrew Sisters, and Frankie Lane ... OH... and the Big Bands.   I have several CD's with this music.  Hubby and I love it.   BUT..... we are children of the 60s (well I am... DH is 3 years younger and relates more to the 70's)  My heart really belongs to the Mamas and the Papas... the Beach Boys, the Four Seasons, the Supremes, and of course the BEATLES!!!  Yeah yeah yeah...... yeah yeah yeah yeah......................YEAAAAAAAAH

constantmargaret

for your viewing enjoyment.....2 favorites in one..... the Jitterbug scene that was not included in the Wizard of Oz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5IcbwVhqI

oh the good old days.

My dad taught me the fox trot.

capoly

That was enjoyable, constantmargaret.  The music/dancing was great and the guy in the tree had me laughing.  Thanks for posting.

Footloose

Ruth,  I am sorry I am so late in responding but life gets in the way at times:)  Your quote says it all and GOOD FOR YOU!  You are such a dear, sweet, giving and gentle soul and HE is the one who bites!  NOT you.  Keep your chin up and your reading room going!  I just love to visit with elders too!  I plan on doing volunteer work in setting up free internet and basic computer skills classes to get them on line.  Fear is the biggest barrier and if they have a safe place to learn, they can open up a new world of possibilities.

I love you, gentle sister and wish you a whole lifetime of peace and happiness.  YOU earned it, over and over again!

Hugs!  <3

I have wasted way too many years trying to return to a role that is gone for me.  This is OK.   I'm going to find the right role for me now, for this time in my life.