March 28, 2024, 06:32:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Almost to the breaking point with MIL.. What should I say or do?

Started by Sara_9548, August 17, 2012, 06:38:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sara_9548

I understand What You all are saying, I do, but it isn't that easy despite him hitting an elderly woman, My grandma lied to the police and said he didn't, and did not press charges. If I were going to court to get primary sole custody, I would need proof he is unstable. He has a record that still shows up but not domestic ones. I can't just get a divorce without proof, and I wasn't there when she decided to not press charges. I had no say. If she tries to change her statement. She gets charged for lieing to cops. Like I said I refuse to share custody.  I don't see how I could still win in a situation like that with no legitimate proof. Like I know some of the things he did in the past, and I can very well prove that I'm financially, Emotionally, and physically stable to take care of my child. I just need the proof that he isn't and things that are bad that he has done recently. That's my dilemma and until then. I am taking steps and precautions. I'm seeing and individual counselor and so is he. He is going to anger management, and going to be going on meds. I Know that leopards don't change their spots, I did go in to this willingly, But his parents and him did not show their true spots till recently. when they had me trapped. I'm not naive that if he can hit an elderly woman, that  I know he could hit me or the baby. Yes i'm aware that things are unlikely going to change, But I don't have enough on him. I will take advice and call a hotline for advice. Ill document, Ill avoid mummy at all costs and make sure i follow through. Also Just found out the baby is a girl. Very healthy, and im still very healthy. now just gotta wait till jan 8th when she will finally be here. Thank you all for your support. Ill keep replying and updating. Oh and FYI My husband and I do live with my grandma, we pay rent but are still saving to get a place in the mean time.

pam1

We're here for you, Sara.  Please do update us or come here when you need an ear to vent to.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift