March 28, 2024, 02:11:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Zumba

Started by Pooh, August 08, 2012, 11:06:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I have received several emails asking me about my Zumba tapes, so I thought I would just post it here for anyone interested.

I use the Zumba basics DVD.  The first 30-45 minutes of it is individual trainers showing you some of the basic Zumba moves.  That is followed by a 45 minute workout that is broke down into around 5 minute sessions each.  Each 5ish minutes is a different dance routine, followed by the last 5 minutes is a cool down.  I only use the 45 minute routine and when I started, I would do 15 minutes for a week (3-4 times a week) and then I upped it by 5 minutes each week until I could do all 45 minutes.

There are some parts of it that are very fast and I can't keep up, so I slow down and do my pace.  Also, there are some moves that I can't do between having a bad foot (tore my achilles tendon twice) and a bad arm (disease), so I modify those as well.  For example, they do some lunges and I can do it to the right foot, but not so much on the left so I just bend that leg as much as I am comfortable with.  The whole point is to keep moving.

For anyone wanting to try it, my best suggestion is to get on youtube and key in "Zumba basics".  There are many videos out there where you can try them and see what you think.  You could even use them instead of ever buying the DVD.  It's fun, it takes a little bit to master some of the moves (I say master like I can do them all...ba ha ha) and I really don't get bored with it like I do other exercise videos.  You will feel quite silly when you start unless you are a direct descendant of Paul Abdul and inherited the dance gene.

Stick with it, modify and have fun with it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Grammie

Thank you for the info Pooh!
Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.   
~ Denis Waitley ~

lancaster lady

Most I could do is tap my feet and enjoy the music ....lol   ;D

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Quote from: lancaster lady on August 08, 2012, 11:53:36 AM
Most I could do is tap my feet and enjoy the music ....lol   ;D

I hope all is well with you LL.  I miss you around here!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Hello dearest Pooh !

Still here , just had a very busy summer . Now its starting to quieten down , I'll be back ......
hhhmmmm , think I've heard that before somewhere ..... ;)

Pen

LL, good to hear from you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

Hi Pen !!!

Too many posts to read through I'm afraid , will have to start afresh .
So nice to be missed , one of the reasons too I've been absent is , perhaps
my life has been happy lately , and maybe , just maybe , I don't need to be here ,
but I have missed my cyber buddies and will join in again to happy topics .
I have learnt so much from this forum , and you know mostly from DIL's that post
here ,  how to treat my own DIL , and why she reacts to things I never understood .
You too Scoop , lol, even though we had a rocky start , you whipped me into shape
good style .
Sounds like a swan song , but I'm still here , still learning , and loving you guys !    :-*

Pooh

Dear LLschwarzenegger,

Well I miss you but I am very, very, very, very glad you don't find the need to come here much any longer and everything is going well.  It warms my heart to read what you wrote.

Yes, come back at times and we'll just play!

Pooh
Joseph Campbell