March 28, 2024, 12:03:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grammie's Signature

Started by luise.volta, July 25, 2012, 11:39:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Grammie - I was thinking about your signature this morning: Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.   ~ Denis Waitley ~ and thinking of how it reminds me of the Serenity Prayer. It seems to me that we can Change, Accept and Remove...because we are strong and powerful women. What is often to hard to determine, for me at least, is what is actually changeable, unchangeable or unacceptable. I my early years I got stuck in thinking everything was "changeable." I think that was bred into some of us...the "don't ever give up" premise. I, for one, was never taught survival, or selectivity regarding my limited energy and resources. It is a whole new concept in my life to get that there are unchangeable things. and unacceptable ones, as well. Thanks for the quote and the opportunity to see that maturity brings options.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I agree.  I always thought I could change anyone or anything.  That's why I married the first jerk  :D  I think with maturity, does come that knowledge for most of us.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

I still have moments where I think everything is up for change! 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

I'm printing out out and putting it on my mirror for that very reason!

Grammie

Thank you for your kind words.  With all that is going on in my life right now I need to remind myself often that I have chosen the right path. 
Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable, and remove yourself from the unacceptable.   
~ Denis Waitley ~

luise.volta