March 28, 2024, 03:25:29 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Taco Soup (For Scoop)

Started by Pooh, July 25, 2012, 12:37:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Easy cheesie meal and really good.

I use 2 cans kidney beans, 1 can of kernal corn, 1 can Ro-Tel, 1 can tomato sauce, 1 package Ranch dressing mix, 1 package taco seasoning mix, and about a pound of beef (more if you'd like, I usually use 2 lbs), 1 1/2 cups water.

Cook your ground beef until brown (I usually add a little onion powder and garlic salt while it's cooking.)  Drain and dump in a pot.  Dump in everything else, juices and all.  Bring to a boil and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.  (Or I dump everything in the crock pot and let it cook on low for a couple of hours if I'm in no hurry).

That's it.  I serve it will tortilla chips, crumbled up in the bottom of the bowl, soup over it.  Little shredded cheddar or your fav cheese on top with some sour cream.  It's yummy.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Scoop

Thanks Pooh!  That sounds delicious.  I had to Google Ro-Tel though.  I don't think it's readily available in Canada.  (We're not-so-much Tex-Mex!)

pam1

Oh, DH is going to love me for this!!!  Thanks Pooh!  Maybe I'll get even fancier and make those homemade taco bowls on the other thread too!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

You guys are welcome.  Basically Scoop, it's diced tomatoes with green chiles and some spices.  You could substitute I'm sure.

Lol Pam.  It's pretty juicy so I don't think the shells would hold up long!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell