March 28, 2024, 04:23:03 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Tortilla ideas! Yum

Started by firelight, July 16, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firelight

I wanted to share this tortilla idea to make some edible taco salad bowls.  I haven't tried it yet, but I am going to! 
(might have to copy and paste this into your browser...hope it works!)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=299794680116843&set=a.142233909206255.28180.140547806041532&type=1&theater

"If you ever wanted taco bowls, turn your muffin pan upside down, spray with cooking oil and bake tortillas for 10 minutes at 375F or 180C. Perfect. — "
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

luise.volta

That sounds like fun. You buy the ready made kind and then do that? I think it would be much better than the ones that are so big! Thanks!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SCW

And baking is so much healthier then deep fried.  I love taco salads! 
We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.
Junvenal

Lillycache

I'm on it already.  I just ordered the Taco Bowl Makers "as seen on TV!  I'm waiting for them to arrive.  I tried using the do it yourself method and my tortillas came out a little tough... not crispy.  So hopefully these doodads will help.  You can use any size tortilla in them.  I get 4 taco bowl makers, 2 recipe books and a handy dandy chopper for ingredients.   I love taco salad.  You can do a lot of different meals in them!

https://www.buyperfecttortilla.com/PT/9.0000/index.dtm?mid=2766312

luise.volta

I tried that link but it got stuck on 'Varifying Address." Found them on Amazon Prime, though. Thanks! :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Thank you FL, going to try it!

(On the UNhealthy note...Lol.  You can also do that with cookie dough, except mold it around the muffin tin and bake them.  We then fill them with ice cream so you have a bowl you can eat!)
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Quote from: Pooh on July 17, 2012, 11:34:04 AM
Thank you FL, going to try it!

(On the UNhealthy note...Lol.  You can also do that with cookie dough, except mold it around the muffin tin and bake them.  We then fill them with ice cream so you have a bowl you can eat!)

Holy smokes!  Between this and the tortillia idea....dang, I'm going to have a good weekend :)
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Pam, they are great for kids birthday parties and are always a hit!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe