March 28, 2024, 01:44:32 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Got Sole?

Started by willingtohelp, April 29, 2010, 12:11:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

willingtohelp

Got Sole?  I do.  Any suggestions on how to cook it?  I was thinking of doing an almondine, but that's just not getting me excited.

Hope

Sorry, Clover.  I'm clueless when it comes to cooking fish.  I hope you find your answer.  Did you try to google it?
Hugs, Hope

Pen

Clover, what did you decide? Sorry I didn't see your question until way after dinner :)

My DH isn't a fan of sole, but I love it. I give it a dusting of rice flour mixed with seasonings and brown it in a little olive oil. After removing it from the pan I throw in a little white wine, some capers & lemon juice, and simmer it down into a sauce to cover. If I have parsley that hasn't gone slimy I mince some on top. I think I got this from The Joy of Cooking. Don't know why DH doesn't like it :-\
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Meryl

Didn't have Sole - Got flounder. After reading your post I realized I wanted fish and took myself to the local fish co-op and bought some nice right off the boat flounder. Baked it with butter, lemon and paprika. Thanks for a good dinner idea.

Meryl :)

willingtohelp

Happy to have shared the idea.  I ended up doing the almondine since I had all the ingredients on hand.  Now I really want flounder.  Stuffed flounder.  Crabmeat dressing....drool.