March 29, 2024, 04:38:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible WWU Items

Started by luise.volta, July 09, 2012, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rose799

Quote from: lancaster lady on August 06, 2012, 01:26:55 PM
''Sending Love .....''

Would always make me think of you and WWU , Luise .

Here's another:

"Simple but not easy..."   

Doe

Well, the Luiseism that inspired me to go there in the first place was "more than a mother". 

"The older I get the more fun I'm having" with a smaller "wisewomenunite.com" would be a great canvas bag for shopping.

"We give our kids the best we have to give but/and there comes a time when we need to see what else is out there."
This one is priceless, but a little long to print out.

And "My take is that trusting others is a lost cause." still makes me laugh!

pam1

Awesome idea, Doe! 

I also like the "Luiseism" (and I hope I get it right) -- "You can't make sense of the senseless."  Doesn't that seem like a good magnet or bumper sticker or on a coffee mug????
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

August 07, 2012, 12:32:15 PM #63 Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 12:59:12 PM by luise.volta
I've gotten this far...it looks very doable but I feel like I'd like Kirk to get me started. They handle much of what I was worried about. We just get to design away and put it up there, as far as I can see. Wheee! :D

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/index.aspx?area=shops&page=shops
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Barbie

I love the idea!

One of my favorite "Louisems" is: -"What others think of me is none of my business".

Best of luck, Louise!

luise.volta

What a great cheering section. And thanks for the T-shirt slogan. We are waiting on Kirk right now but he likes the idea and is on board. I am busily designing stuff in the meantime for our inventory.  8) Keep the ideas coming when they pop up!

Pooh

Luise if I'm reading it right, it looks like people can order what they want and design it and if they go through "your store", you get a commission?  I may be wrong and I'm sure Kirk will figure it out.

My favorite reminder:

"It is what it is...."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

"until it isn't!" 

I just love this.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Yep!  I have it hanging in my office! Lol.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I am really excited about this but don't understand much yet. Waiting on Kirk...waiting on Kirk...waiting on Kirk...but the price is right! :D ;D :D

BoxofChocolates

So glad I just found this thread! I just got off the phone with my best friend who lives far away now, she is familiar with the AC problems we all have had and she always makes me laugh in spite of my tears. So we were thinking I should start a 'group' for 'MOTHERS OF INGRATES'....LOL, I know it sounds awful huh? But we did laugh. And then we got on a creative burst and thought about the old bumper stickers that said 'I'm Spending my Children's Inheritance'. Another good laugh. I was glad to see someone here looking into Cafepress as that was my first thought too.

How about a T Shirt with something like SOUC (SurvivorOfUngratefulChildren)???

Yeah, I know, it sounds bizarre, out there. But hey, don't we think like that when we've had enough??  My creative ideas are on a roll...hopefully will find something tasteful.  :D
I know I loved them the best I knew how.