April 24, 2024, 10:00:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible WWU Items

Started by luise.volta, July 09, 2012, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doe

I have an idea for you, Luise.  Maybe Kirk could help if you're interested.

In one of your recent posts, you wrote "I'm more than a mother" and I thought - that's my item!  So I went to cafepress.com to create a necklace with that that engraved on it ("I'm more than a mom", though). 

Then I thought that you should make some money from it since it was your words that inspired me.  I found out you can set up a WWU shop and have all sorts of saying printed on all sorts of things and sell them here and make a little side money if you want.

If you want to do this, here's the link to how to set up a shop:  http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/?refId=27  and here's how to put it on the website: http://www.cafepress.com/cp/learn/index.aspx?page=library_optimizing

There's a live chat option on the cafe press home page and I got this info less than 5 minutes.

Just an idea.  You have no idea how many of your pithy quotes I have saved on my computer. 

luise.volta

Well, I don't know what to say about that...but thanks! What do the rest of you think? I sent your post on to Kirk, our trusty Webmaster and my DS, to get his feedback. T-shirts?  :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I love that idea.  I use vistaprint for my custom t-shirts, but hubby uses cafe press all the time and they have great quality. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Kirk says: "I think it's a fun idea. Business model wise, you have to charge quite a bit for the items in order to make any money. Beyond generating income for you, it could be a great community building project."

I'm a little overwhelmed by the idea...but I'm willing to look into it. I don't suppose any of us wants to go around in a T-shirt that says "Wise Woman" on it. LOL! WWU would maybe work but right now I can't think of one thing I have ever written...

lancaster lady

''Sending Love .....''

Would always make me think of you and WWU , Luise .

luise.volta

Thinking...thinking. Off the top of my head, after going to the site...I might want to start with a charm bracelet. What do you guys think? It would be the first thing...(while we were thinking of something to say on a T-shirt), not the only item. It would have one, round charm on it that said: "Heart to Heart" and under that it would say "WWU." (Or maybe it could say WWU on the back?) We could add other charms later on our own, if we wished, that reminded us of each other. A fountain pen for Pen or a duck for me...(the mother-duck)...or a bear for Pooh? Or just other charms that took our fancy or we could leave it like that. I could buy more than 6 and get a bulk rate of $12.60 each and then add postage which would vary a lot. Maybe charge what? $20? Just thinking. Kirk would have to do the tech work of putting the "store" on WWU and I would stumble around for a while, I'm sure. Just thinking...

luise.volta

Aww...LL, how sweet. You brought tears to my eyes! I have asked Kirk to set our "store"up for us. By the time that's done...I may be past overwhelm.  ???

constantmargaret

What about charms with DS, DD, etc.....?  only we will know what they mean to us.

luise.volta

CM - That's the beauty of it, right? We get the prototype and then we add what we want to it. I called Kirk, "Kirk E. Byrd" when he was a preschooler. I think I may get a charm that says that. He'll have a fit! LOL! 

Rose799

Wonderful suggestions, I love the idea of you having a store, Luise.  I was looking at jewelry online the other day & one of these caught my eye.  We could inscribe WWU on the back~   :)

http://www.etsy.com/search?includes[]=tags&q=family+tree+charm

luise.volta

Thanks Rose! Good to see you here again! :-) Gorgeous stuff! I have no idea how any of this would work. Kirk advises me not to create much of an  inventory, due to my very limited (almost nonexistent) financial resources. I would order a few things and mark them up in price, I guess. I don't know who would want to pay me more than they could get things for by buying direct. Lots of questions floating around, and so far, very few answers. Doe put it out there and I found a charm bracelet. :-) Kirk is going to look at the software for the "Store." It's all pretty nebulous and looks somewhat impractical to me at this juncture. However, I'm totally open to dialoguing about the possibility. Sending love...

Doe

I would love a WWU charm bracelet! If we have options, maybe in silver rather than gold? 

Doe

I would probably get a mug, too.

luise.volta

The bracelet is silver in color and there is no choice. It is "Brass, (with electroplated nickel, sliver plating, finished with a non-tarnish overcoat glass.") Per a live chat I had with them yesterday and printed out. And I agree that mugs and even water bottles might be fun. I've no idea how to do this and am on a strong learning curve. :-)

luise.volta

It looks like I won't have to buy an inventory...but will design items, post them and order when I get an order. Learning...learning...