March 28, 2024, 05:42:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Possible WWU Items

Started by luise.volta, July 09, 2012, 11:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firelight

I love this ring!  I think I will bookmark the page.  I want it engraved as well WWU.  That is so cool.  What a neat reminder!  Couldn't help but feel support and encouragement when you see it on your hand.  A pretty, gentle reminder of our cyber family.  My mantra would typically be "warmest thoughts". 

So awesome of luise to ship to wherever it needs to go if one of our family members are outside the U.S.  It's all good!

Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

firelight

that little umbrella pin someone mentioned is a really cute idea too.  you could put it on a purse even. 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

Elise

I am not a jewelry person any longer. I wear only a ring which I never take off that has meaning for me. I think I am going to have the inside engraved with WWU because I love the thought of rubbing it when I am in difficult situations with family and know it will remind me of all I have learned and continue to learn here which may help me not become reactive when things are tense in interaction. I am too old to be interested in superficial, if I ever was. Knowing at the core what keeps each other up at night and makes each other get up each day and continue on despite whatever hardships we may be going through, is a rare and beautiful gift we share together here. The fact I have never laid eyes on anyone here makes it that much more special, because it is a humanhood of connection way beyond what I have ever encountered. If the point of this life isn't connection to one another I can't imagine what is. I think this is for me the way to carry a tangible reminder of all of you with me always. And I love that no one will ever know for some reason. Thanks.

luise.volta

July 13, 2012, 08:27:49 PM #33 Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:31:54 PM by luise.volta
 :D I continue to be blown away by this. You guys are such players!  :D

I think taking a special piece and having it engraved is yet another wonderful idea! We just keep coming up with them! And my offer to forward the one I picked out (and have sent for) is open to one and all. Just order it and have it sent to me, if possible. Thank, Pen, for the inspiration!   ;D

Luise Volta - 20420 Marine Dr., #b-7, Stanwood, WA 98292 USA

Those who want to be part of this can do anything they want to and only need to share if they choose.

I never take Val's ring off. I will also wear my WWU ring 24/7. Even in the morning when I am weighing myself and my ring(s) is all I have on. ;) I may go days without reaching out and touching all of you in this way...but when I want to, and maybe even need to, I want it 'there.' For others, that may not make sense. It doesn't have to. Each one of us can make this up any way that suits and many won't even be interested. That's OK, too. Our strength lies in our combined individuality. Hey, we could have a motto, too! That's yet another old saying I just made up!  :D :D :D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Elise

Louise you are just the coolest - full stop!

luise.volta

SCW

LOVE the ring!  And I love the meaning behind the stones.  I am going to get one just as soon as I can and have it engraved with WWU.

It brings comfort just thinking about having something concrete I can look to as a reminder.
We also deem those happy, who from the experience of life, have learned to bear its ills and without descanting on their weight.
Junvenal

luise.volta

That's how I feel, too SCW. We are all finding a way to connect even more deeply and I love it.  ;D My ring hasn't come yet but I can tell you, once I get it engraved and put it on...it will stay there...as all of you do in my heart.

mywebb

how wonderful! im in australia and im going to find something and hae wwu engraved as well :)

luise.volta

My ring came and it's gorgeous! 8)

Pen

It looked beautiful in the photo. I'm still thinking about it - I have some loose gems/gold I may have redesigned by a jeweler when I can afford it. If not, that ring is a possibility. I'm so glad you love it, good to know!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

The aquamarine stones on each side of the amethyst are so pale they look clear, but in the sun, the color shows up. I still can't believe I got real gemstones in a $180 ring for $43!  :D

constantmargaret

Stop tempting me!!!

I looked at that ring and besides being really pretty and besides being a reminder of the safe haven of virtual friendship we share here, as if that weren't enough, it said the stones correspond to Aquarius and Pisces, which would give it even more meaning because those are my DH's and my signs.

Like I need  prodding to do some retail therapy....

luise.volta

luise.volta

CM - Are you the Pisces? (So am I!)