March 29, 2024, 07:59:42 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Laugh for the Day

Started by Pooh, July 05, 2012, 10:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Hopefully, Luise will not boot me out over this.....   ;D

Went to the high-risk baby Doc with FDIL Tuesday.  They did an ultrasound and the tech asked before she started, "Do you want to know the sex?"  FDIL said, "Yes, Yes."  Tech said, "Well, let's see if the bugger will cooperate."

This is what happened:

Tech immediately:  "It's a boy"
FDIL immediately:  "WHAT?" (Has been positive it was a girl)
Tech:                     "It's a boy"
FDIL still in shock:  "HOW DO YOU KNOW?"
Tech:                     "Ummm......it has a penis!"

Me:  Falls out of chair laughing
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

That is priceless!

Cute story to tell later when GS is older...oh wait, better not. I got in trouble from DIL when I told a similar one about DS. I guess she owns the goods now & I didn't get her permission first, lol.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

Gosh Pen ...I wonder how your DS came into the world !

Great news Pooh , time to knit in blue .... :)

luise.volta

I don't understand. I thought when it was a boy the ultrasound screen turned blue and when it was a girl, it turned pink...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Footloose

Good for you Pooh!  Congrats!  It's a hotdog and NOT a hamburger!  LOL!

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Thanks everyone.  Ha ha ha...the look on the tech's face was priceless when FDIL asked how she knew. 

LL, I wish I could knit but a double crochet is about all I'm good at.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Beth 2011