March 28, 2024, 09:45:10 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Independence Day!!

Started by Begonia, July 04, 2012, 06:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Begonia

Happy
Independence
DAY!!

It's Independence Day here in the USA. 
Here's a wish for all of us to find our independence from family members who do not treat us kindly. 
Bravo to all the Wise Women here for making my path towards independence so much easier!  Thanks to all!!
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Footloose

Thanks, Dear Begonia!

I watched hours on the History Channel re the Revolutionary War.  (couch tattery, i kno, but needed down time due to the southern heat and jet lag fr travels) All those years, our young country fought just to stand our ground against the super power of the world.  We made it up as we went along and that stubborn, American determination granted our freedom with with great cost to so many who paid with treasure, rape and their young lives.

And like our forefathers/ moms, we must never give up on finding a new path, a new destiny for our own lives, post motherhood.

Boy did WE get lied to in assuming motherhood would last our whole life as did with our own moms and grands!