March 28, 2024, 03:39:51 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Astrology can be fun

Started by Doe, June 29, 2012, 07:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doe

(Not sure if this is ok to post and I understand if a mod needs to delete...)

Here is a portion of mine and how apropos:

"The coming months will be an excellent time to take an inventory of your life to determine whether there are any ways in which you act like a slave. Do you find it hard to defeat an addiction that saps your energy and weakens your ability to live the life you want? .....Discover what these oppressors are, Aquarius -- and then summon all your intelligence and willpower to escape them."

http://www.freewillastrology.com/beauty/beauty.main270.shtml

luise.volta

D - I work with Eric Meyers, M.A. at: www.SoulVisionConsulting.com and am currently reading his just published book:
The Astrology of Awakening  - Volume 1: Eclipse of the Ego
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Doe

hmmm - it sounds like a good read. 

I've been reading mine after the fact recently and it's amazing how accurate some of them are.  I like Brezsny's viewpoint, focusing on spiritual growth rather than mundane predictions. It sounds like your book is more along that line.

luise.volta

D -  Very much so! I'm loving it!

Pooh

You'll love this, I'm a Capricorn (stubborn goat) and here's part of what they website had to say.  Hmmmm....

"Happiness isn't a state you acquire by luck. It takes hard work and relentless concentration. You have to rise up and rebel against the nonstop flood of trivial chaos and meaningless events you're invited to wallow in. You have to overcome the hard-core cultural conditioning that tempts you to assume that suffering is normal and the world is a hostile place. It's really quite unnatural to train yourself to be peaceful and mindful; it's essentially a great rebellion against an unacknowledged taboo. Here's the good news: 2012 will be an excellent time for you to do this work."
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

My acupuncturist told me last week that the day of the solstice was a powerful time to make our intentions known, especially when we were still in the shadow of the new moon. I took that to mean I should be very careful about my thoughts and desires for the future. (I tend to jump around a lot & can fall into depression or hopelessness if I don't watch it.) Come to think of it, that's good advice any time of year!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Doe

lol - big hmmmmmm... that sounds like it was written for you!

Pen - I fall into real, true ennui if I don't stay awake and in the present.  Not really depressed or hopeless, just and endless, tedious boredom.

I read long ago a theory that we are so bombarded by sensory input all the time that we shut it out to stay sane.  Then we're shutting out too much and not paying enough attention and letting the environment entertain us.   It's quite a game, isn't it?  To live a happy and interesting life?

Lillycache

Quote from: Pooh on June 29, 2012, 10:19:34 AM
You'll love this, I'm a Capricorn (stubborn goat) and here's part of what they website had to say.  Hmmmm....

"Happiness isn't a state you acquire by luck. It takes hard work and relentless concentration. You have to rise up and rebel against the nonstop flood of trivial chaos and meaningless events you're invited to wallow in. You have to overcome the hard-core cultural conditioning that tempts you to assume that suffering is normal and the world is a hostile place. It's really quite unnatural to train yourself to be peaceful and mindful; it's essentially a great rebellion against an unacknowledged taboo. Here's the good news: 2012 will be an excellent time for you to do this work."

Another Cappy here..  January 8th..   Interesting.  So that means we have to work harder than everyone else to be happy?   Figures.. Cappys can be a gloomy bunch.  lol!

Pooh

Lol...more likely we are highly creative but stubborn...dangerous combo!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

I'm a Pisces...terminally empathic and way, way out in woo-woo-land. Sure glad I found cyber-space and lotsa' people to love! LOL!

Lillycache

Quote from: Pooh on July 02, 2012, 11:19:13 AM
Lol...more likely we are highly creative but stubborn...dangerous combo!

I don't claim to be an astrology expert, but I have had a chart reading in the past.  It's important to add that no two Capricorns, Scorpios, Leos are alike.  If they were, 1/12th of the worlds population would have the same temprement as one another... so not true.    I learned that much of our personality comes from our Moon sign and more importantly our Risings.  I am Capricorn Sun, with Aires Moon and Cancer Rising.. so I am a much different Capricorn than you are or any other Cappy is.  Same to be said for everyone.  It's interesting for sure... if you put stock in it, and even if you don't.. it's fun.

Pooh

I haven't had a professional reading LC, I so need to but I bet we are darned close since my birthday is the 9th :)
Joseph Campbell

Lillycache

Quote from: Pooh on July 03, 2012, 09:52:51 AM
I haven't had a professional reading LC, I so need to but I bet we are darned close since my birthday is the 9th :)

You would be amazed at how detailed those charts are.  There are so many variables... like the year for instance.. And the time of day you were born...AM or PM and EVEN what hemisphere you were born it.   It's quite a complicated thing figuring out your complete sign.  The Sun sign is just the tip of the iceberg.

Silver Spring

I suppose it is worth mentioning that I used to make money casting charts during the summers. A lot of fun...and the combinations are fun to study and exhaustive. It's amazing how different two charts for people can be when they're born on the same day, but only a few hours difference or in different locations. No two are alike, I find that fascinating.

pam1

I'm an Aries.  I don't know what that means beyond that!  How did you find your horoscopes on that website?  I didn't see a link...
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift