April 18, 2024, 06:32:15 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

upcoming Mother's Day pity party

Started by Pen, April 27, 2010, 05:46:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Hi Pen, I had a great day yesterday...made the French Toast, went to visit my real mother for a bit, and came back home.  My girlfriends kids were having a cook out for her for mother's day and she invited me over...I thanked her kindly, but opted out...I just wanted to spend the day relaxing...I work all week, and by the time the weekend comes, I so look forward to my "me" time....with my dog...cleaning, cooking, and relaxing watching movies, and maybe even taking a nap or gardening...but yesterday, all I did was relax and watch movies....and I did take a nap...LOL...to me, Mother's day is just another day...I want to really be treated nicely the rest of the year, and not just on Mother's Day, b/c commercial ism has made it so....If I get a card, a call, that is really nice, but I don't expect anything more....my son has his own family and his wife is a mother to....however, if  I found out that they had spent time with his step mother for mother's day and not me, I think it would be reason to pout?  And I only say that, b/c in the past, when my son was little, she did and said so many hurtful things to both of us...I don't like her a whole lot...LOL, but understand, I don't hate her, and I would fight the jealousy with all my might...

so, today is a new day...onward and upward, right?

Hugs
and have a good week Pen

Creme

luise.volta

Well...a sort of daughter came up from Seattle and took me to breakfast and brought me a huge "Happy Mother's Day" balloon that I have tied to the handle of my walker. ;D And then a sort of son came up from Seattle and took me out to supper and brought me a gorgeous, hanging fuchsia. Calls, snail mail cards, e-cards and gifts. Whoa!  :o
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

XH came into town on MD for a meeting at DS's school the next day, so MD pretty much involved DS giving me a hurried hug and MD wishes as he ran out the door early in the day to get to an earlier church service than he usually goes to (his father tends to ambush him at the service DS usually attends, so he won't go to that one if he knows XH is around).  I moped around the house for a while, not because of DS, but because I get anxiety attacks when XH is local.  He stays in a hotel a few blocks from where DS and I live, and it's a little bit nerve-wracking, worrying that I'll run into him running errands, or that he's waiting outside our building, spoiling for a confrontation.  I shook it off after a couple of hours, and took myself to the movies and a restaurant.   That part was wonderful (even after getting a voice mail from XH wishing me a happy MD - which takes chutzpah given that he tried to get sole custody a month ago). 
This too shall pass.  All is well.