April 16, 2024, 10:23:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Where has my DD gone ?

Started by artlady, June 18, 2012, 06:01:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

My meds don't carry any caveats. I just don't like alcohol. I don't know why. When I want to pass on my inhibitions, I just double to chocolate and pass out. LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

artlady

Ok now Luise time for fun. Gym over .  No I have school files to do while i watch my shows so no treats , I'll just dream of them   lol

luise.volta

artlady

Gym today Luise? Deep water jogging class tonight , didn't get to those files by the way. I agree I've got a long way to go personally , ( not enough lifetime  left) to get myself perfect which will never happen  lol. I see little kids all day and for 32 years in the classroom , that is a great place to learn through the eyes of a child , their innocence and perfection doesn't exist ( except some poor kids parents have driven to the brink by wanting everything they do to be perfect puts kids in the counselors office all the time ) I could never be perfect but I can try to be my best .

luise.volta

Yup, I'm off to Curves. Good teachers have wings! I'm sure of it!  :)

artlady

Well all of those sweet little faces are angels for sure so not hard to have bigger wings being with them . I retired and after a year a part time job in a private school became available so I took it , and I"m glad I did. Now I can keep up with the days of the week better, not had a bad cold ( teachers build such an immnunity , the first year off I had the worst in 30 years ) and most of all being around the kids keeps me young at heart( not body mind you lol)

luise.volta

Beautiful, AL! Sending love...

artlady

Should have written a book on all these things I've heard these kids say over the years, priceless. I did start writing things down early on but then got too busy in the classroom to keep up with them all. Breaks my heart when i read some of the sad things that go own with gc on here from their very own parents.

luise.volta

You can still have a little hand recorder in your pocket to whisper those cute sayings into. Then you can have your own thread on WWU and share them with us.  ;D Sending love...