March 28, 2024, 04:50:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Feeling a little blue today

Started by Lillycache, June 15, 2012, 07:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lillycache

Today is my youngest grandson's 2nd birthday.  Knowing DIL and her FOO, there will be a big party this weekend. Of course I have not heard a word about it and DS hasn't called since Memorial Day.  I suppose it's better to not know.  He's a cutie though... a beautiful brown eyed blonde!

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

FAFE

Oh, LC, he is the perfect age for a boy friend for my 20 month old gd.  Hope you do get to see him.  If not, go buy you a big old bottle of bubbles and have fun blowing bubbles.

Footloose

I feel ya, LA!  It does hurt but go ahead and get that bottle of... ah.. er....bubbles, yeah, bubbles;)

Seriously!  Go do something fun for you.  I joneses for my grands too and miss everything with them these days.  On the next missed birthday, i plan on going to the children's hospital and giving gifts away to the kids stuck there.....

luise.volta

Thinking of you, LC and sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

FAFE

Duh, I got my bubbles all mixed up.  Hope you had some of both kind. 

Lillycache

Here's the thing.... I did NOT send a card or a gift.  I told my DS that I refused to be just a "present in the mail" grandma.  I don't want my Grandkids to expect a gift in the mail for each event from a nameless, faceless entity.  If DS does not make arrangements to bring the kids to me... no gift.  Perhaps this is wrong  but the first Christmas that I was denied my grandkids, I sent a HUGE package with 4 gifts each.  My Christmas was listening to the kids unwrap them over the phone.  Just rustling and ripping paper, and a wow... and thanks.  It hurt my heart.  No little faces to watch... no seeing the kids play with their gifts and enjoy.  I will not settle for that.  I love the idea of bringing the gifts to a Children's hospital.  I will look into that.

Pooh

One of the other things many of us have been doing Lilly, is opening savings accounts and depositing what I would have spent on the Birthday/Holiday into it.  I figure it's not my GC fault what their parents are doing, so maybe someday they will come looking for me.  If so, then I will be able to help them with something with the money and they will know they were thought of each and every day.  If not, then I will have a nice little nest egg to do something for myself.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Lillycache

My son did something I thought was nice.  Before my older GS got into LEGOS... he was into Thomas the Tank Engine.  My son called me yesterday and said that they got out all the Thomas stuff... cleaned it up and wrapped it up and gave it to him. So he said that I already have given him a gift that he LOVES..  Now at least I know that I can buy him Thomas stuff in the future.  I do know that they are burried in toys of all kinds, so taking an old toy out of the attic and recycling it was a good idea, especially for a 2 year old who doesn't know the difference.