March 28, 2024, 05:48:44 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Positive Update

Started by Trondogs, June 08, 2012, 02:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trondogs

Well things are looking better for me. Long story (some already know) MIL took me to family court for visitation and it was denied and also filed false criminal charges against me which I found out today are being DISMISSED!!! Almost 7500 dollars later things have done a 360. MIL made a idiot out of herself in both courts and had attorneys, mediators and even the prosecutor making passive snarky comments and snickers in front of her and while discussing things with my attorney. So next court date I will be cleared of all charges and be able to move on without MIL involved any longer. Thanks for all the great advice and hopefully things will continue to get better. I am putting this all behind me, not filing a civil suit for anything because it will only keep MIL in our lives longer. I have decided to be proactive and withdraw all my energy and thoughts regarding MIL's problems and the things she "could" still continue to do. For me MIL has passed.

luise.volta

I knew it! We all did! Good for you! Thanks for reporting back and good luck! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Trondogs

luise.volta

You're welcome. Your MIL makes all of those horrible MIL stereotypes look like sweethearts! Better days are ahead, T. You are so wise not to take her to court to reclaim your costs, thus keeping yourself in her negative energy. I would do a ritual of some kind...but maybe you aren't into that kind of thing. I'd probably write down her name, her date of birth and the date you won and closed the door. Them I'd burn the paper and bury the ashes. (Guess I'm a little 'woo-woo...' but symbolism often helps me.)

Trondogs

June 08, 2012, 03:20:19 PM #4 Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 05:29:12 PM by luise.volta
That sounds like a good idea, it will bring me closure. I just think it is not worth the time or energy. We just got denied a restraining order and we had over a years documentation of calls, emails, texts, mail, and MIL was even caught on our security cameras driving up and down my street many times in a row. At this point it's like she files, we file, she files, we file, and ultimately it becomes sort of a one-upmanship contest. Honestly we are tired of the courthouse and just want out even if it means ignoring the crazy lady driving up and down our street and biting the bullet on trying to recover any money we dished out. If the state wants to bring charges against her for fabricating this "criminal" ordeal the they can deal with her, not us.

luise.volta

Doe

Like she said... Happy for you!

Trondogs

Thanks Doe. On to better days!

lancaster lady

Congrats T , that is one sick lady , thats the only way to make sense of all this , she needs help .

elsieshaye

So glad that it all worked out ok!!
This too shall pass.  All is well.

artlady

So happy for you , I was hoping for the best.

Trondogs

Thanks Lancaster, elsie and artlady. It's been a bad year!

Pooh

Great!  And good for you for just letting it go and moving on.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Trondogs

Thanks Pooh. I am trying. It's hard when deep down inside I'm "waiting for the other shoe to drop." Really though I'd like the house to drop on the shoe HAHAHAHA (wicked witch of the east, in my case) HAHAHAHA. Hopefully this is the beginning of the end.... My therapist tells me it probably isn't but dont dwell on it or anticipate it.

Trondogs

Sheesh it seems as if I can't live without a little funny sarcasm :)