March 28, 2024, 11:42:00 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DD Gets New Job!

Started by Ruth, June 04, 2012, 01:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth

I am very happy and proud of DD.  Today she went for her 'intake' for her new job.  She will be a sales rep for a prestigious company (name w/h of course) which manufactures a very interesting product that pertains to children, with a good territory, and I think its going to be an exciting and rewarding new career for her!  Many of you remember the bullet I dodged a while back, re. helping her open her own business.  (Thanks be to God.)  Here she will have a great medical plan, benefits, etc., and she is about doubling her salary, which will mean much of the financial burden will also be off ME.  There have been a few hiccups over the years with DD, but today I thought, how truly blessed and thankful I am.  This morning, knowing the time of her appointment for her intake, I had her in my thoughts and just about an hour later my phone rang, and it was her.  I stopped and thought, how special that I'm the first person she called.   I think I have been 'first person' for many years in her life.  It is so easy to focus on my failures, and the things I wanted (DS) and didn't get, but I don't think many mothers get the relationship that I got with my DD.  At the end of the day, she has always been on my side, and taken up for me when I was maligned by her brother, and even myself, for that matter.  She is always cheerful, upbeat, honest.  She has never ever made me feel ashamed of who I am or how I've lived my life.  I am proud of you, DD! 

Doe

What great news!  I know you're experiencing a great relief!
I remember when you were considering loaning her money and I'm so glad this all worked out for her and for you.  I can imagine that she feels pretty good, too.

constantmargaret

Sometimes the good kids get short shrift. I'm so pleased to read this Ruth.

I have found that the more I pay attention to my kids who treat me well, the less I think about the one who hates me.  Also, the more they feel special, and the more interaction they seek with me. Win, win.

Congratulations to your daughter. Enjoy your relationship with her.

Ruth

Oh dear,  :(I sounded way too braggie, I am sorry!  I've watched DD live from hand to  mouth for a long time, really ever since older g/s was born, 18 years ago.  They had nothing but financial setbacks.  Every time I thought things might be looking up, something else came right on the heels.  SIL was seriously injured in two separate moving vehicle accidents, neither of which was his fault, and the lawyers ate his lunch and threw him into the dumpster.  He had unsuccessful back surgery, and lived in constant pain, which eventually led to their divorce.  DD has always had trouble with her self image.  She didn't finish hs but got her GED and went to community college, but never earned enough money to make ends meet.  She felt very inferior to 'highly successful' DS, but I always knew she was the one who had truly succeeded, because people loved her, and that was the important thing.  So you see, I am pleased to see her get such a good break, and now be able to support herself decently and take some pride in her achievements!

Keys Girl

Sounds wonderful, congratulations!
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

justanoldgrandma

So glad for you and dd, Ruth; you deserve to be proud, and she, too!  Isn't it great when some good things happen to an AC after a string of disappointments!  Makes a person believe in Karma or whatever we want to call it!  I know you and your dd are doing a happy dance right now!

firelight

:)  Congratualtions to you and your DD, Ruth!  Always nice to hear some shining good news around here.  Thanks for sharing a positive note today. 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

Pooh

Brag away!  It's wonderful news!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

Oh, Ruth this is WONDERFUL!  No offense taken by your announcement either!  You go MOM~!!!!!
Sounds like your DD is a lot like her beautiful mom!  She is way more successful than her bro too cuz money just aint enough!! Positive Actions and Attitude are everything!

Hugs to you and I hope you 2 go CELEBRATE!

artlady

So happy for you Ruth and DD. She sounds so sweet and loving ( reminds me of the DD I use to know ) . I do hope you will keep us posted on all of of great steps forward. Yahooooooooooooooo

Beth 2011

That is wonderful Ruth  ;D good for her.... Congrats to her !!!!