March 28, 2024, 06:51:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

adult children dont speak to me

Started by oliveb, June 03, 2012, 09:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Next time time you might. You aren't the one who created it and for that reason alone, you can't fix it. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

oliveb

I was not the best mother, I had 2 marriages, O loved my kids but from a very early age they showed contempt of me, maybe it was their father influencing them

luise.volta

We can get lost in trying to make sense of the senseless. Being a mother is a 24/7 job. There is no perfection available with those hours. When you can, look at no longer trying to find the 'whys' as an opportunity. There is emancipation in ending that search. I wonder sometimes if we don't look for the reason for abuse (that's what contempt is) because we fear if we don't find one...or better yet many, we will obviously be to blame. We aren't...we never were and we never will be. We didn't have that kind of power. The kindness we all deserve is within us. Seeking it in others is a pretty 'iffy' proposition. Look where its gotten us, so far. You are a wonderful, unique, loveable person. Give yourself what you so deserve. Giving yourself WWU is a great start. P.S.: I have been married 5 times and my surviving son thinks it was courageous of me not to give up! 
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama