March 28, 2024, 05:30:37 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

"Letters we would love to send, but won't"

Started by luise.volta, June 02, 2012, 03:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keys Girl

Quote from: constantmargaret on June 15, 2012, 02:51:58 PM
Dear Son,

Go pound sand.

Love,
Mom

Margaret, I can't stop laughing, the tears are rolling down my cheeks!!
Thank you so much, KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Beth 2011

constantmargaret!!!

I laughed so loud my cats jumped!  ;D ;D  I love it!  I am so over the sappy stage...  This hit the nail on the head for me!  I haven't even read the other page.  Thanks for making me smile and laugh today.

Pooh

Ha Ha Ha Margaret!!!!!!  I'm still laughing!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, I love these!

Dear Son,

Someone just asked me if I had any children and I was able to say, "No." It was so freeing. Thanks a bunch! :-)

Love,

What's-her-name
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Dear Son,

The trouble with her is that she lacks the power of conversation but not the power of speech.

Love,

Mom
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Beth 2011

Dear Son,

Good luck and God bless, we have moved and there is no forwarding address. 

Love,
Mom

orphanedmominmn

Haven't posted in a long time --- read a lot == any way, these are great!!!!

luise.volta

Good to see you, O. Write one for us if you're in the mood!  :)

Lillycache

Dear Son:

Please be advised that YOU are no longer my Agent in my POAs for either healthcare or finances. You are also no longer alternate Executor of my Will.   Let your wife know that any jollys she was anticipating in picking my nursing home will have to be reserved for her own mother.  Please destroy your copies.  You will be contacted IF any assets remain after the settlement of my final expenses.

Love
Mom

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Lillycache

Dear Volunteer sitting right in front of me this very moment talking to the Unit Secretary:

I'm sure it must be a real trial to keep your Granddaughter this entire week.  It must be so hard to keep up with her and to make her follow your instructions and to take her to the library to keep up with her reading.  How nice to be the mother of two daughters that let you keep their children for little vacations with grandma.  Do you realize that you are sitting her in front of a grandma who will NEVER get that opportunity?  I really feel so sorry for you!   How hard it must be!  I really don't feel like listening to your problems right now.  Some of us would kill to have your problem.

Love
The grandma behind you.
(packing up and moving to another nursing unit so I don't have to hear it)

Lillycache

Actually, the above falls into a sub catagory of "letters we would like to send"   that being "things we would like to say when we are crabby and not in the mood" but won't   lol!!

luise.volta

Yup...the 'best left unsaid' but not left unwritten or unshared!

Dear Doc,

I you speak to me that way one more time...patiently but condescendingly...(close to smiling and patting me on the head,) when I ask about a supplement that might help me...I am going to bite you. That might be the best supplement of all!

Always yours (unfortunately), Invisible

Pooh

Dear Skank,

Just a note to let you know that I was very angry for many months over your affair with my Ex.  I now want to say thank you.

Love,

Happily remarried to a real man

P.S.

If you hurt my child again, I will come thank you in person.
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Dear MIL,

Thank you on the child-rearing tips however, I will not be using them.  I have the pleasure of living with one of your off-spring and see that there is much improvement to do!

Love,
Pam

***disclaimer, I heard this somewhere so I can't take credit for it!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift