April 19, 2024, 07:53:49 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Before - Now - WWU

Started by Beth 2011, July 20, 2012, 03:11:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firelight

Dearest mywebb,

How awful for you. 

I just wanted to wish you the very best and the warmest of thoughts coming your way as you travel your new life's journey. 

We understand the "soul destroying" wording of your post.  I am so sorry it has come to this, but you have a family support system here.  The things we mommas must endure....   :o

I hope that with time, things improve anyway with your DD.  But in the meantime, no matter what the future holds, concentrate on picking up the pieces, healing your wounds into scars, and live what life is left to the fullest.  You matter. 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~

mywebb

Firelight how sweet of you , thankyou very much i wish you peace also.

firelight

I just had a thought: The downs aren't bad per say, they just remind us that we love our DSs, which is a good thing. The ups mean we care about ourselves! How great is that? Eventually we get to a place of more ups than downs. Our love for our DSs is shown/remembered in more positive ways by then. Our love/care for ourselves continues...and so we grow

Pen , that is so true and I never thought if it the way you put it....but the really good days usually come from doing for myself rather than DD/SIL.  That is the flip side to this craziness.....finding ourselves again and liking it!  I used to treasure "helping" them and it is my nature to like to help others that way....however, I am painfully and slowly becoming comfortably numb to their shenanigans and ready to let the chips fall where they may as I back off from their endless neediness.  GD seems to be my only concern now.  If it weren't for her, I'd have buried my head in the sand long ago.     
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~