March 28, 2024, 08:30:51 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

NOn-involved but always rude

Started by artlady, May 25, 2012, 06:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artlady

Been passing the last two weeks so now got to get back in the routine . I've got two family weddings coming up and need to be back in the DD's wedding outfits so I dont' have to buy new after spending what I did for her events , hopefully I'll get more use of them then one time is the plan. Plus the exercise does help this small nerve fiber neuropathy that is not too bad right now so got to keep it at bay at all cost so i can chase all the grandchildren in years to come . lol

Pooh

Well I have Hee Haw practice tonight, so I'm gonna get my redneck on!  Which just may include pork rinds.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

artlady

sounds like you might be in the south with me Pooh

luise.volta

I'm going to the Gym tomorrow...Love, Scarlet.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Begonia

In reading through various threads here, I can't help but notice how much conflict FB causes.  I can't tell you how many times I have been hurt by seeing something on FB from a family gathering I was not invited to.  I rarely post on FB but today I cancelled it completely. And I have had my DS and DD  posts blocked for a year now.  I could still click on their posts but they did not automatically show up. Basically FB just made me feel even more out of the loop than I am.  And it was just too easy for DS and DD to post "Happy Mother's Day" on FB for the world to see without ever calling me or having the GC call.  For me it just doesn't work. And I am probably one of those GP who has stayed out of the way of my DIL, so I can see that they might label me uninterested, etc, although that would not be true at all. 
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Lillycache

I still have YDS as a friend on FB, but he doesn't post too much.  A few weeks ago he posted a whole bunch of pics of him and me through the years.... and labeled them "Me and my Momma"  which kind of touched me.   He is careful to NOT post pics of events that I was not included in so as not to hurt me.... The problem comes when others at these events TAG him in one of the photos and those show up on his timeline.  I can't help but see those when I scroll down the newsfeed.  Those hurt me, but what can he do? I know that my son loves me and wishes things were different, but he can't fight 'City Hall" either and why should his life be a constant argument.  I don't want that for him.

Pooh

I'm a GRITS girl (Girls Raised In The South)  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

artlady

Yeah for you Pooh, so am I and still here . Love the south , even though others give us such a bad rap, we sure do have a lot come to our state and never go back, now why is that? lol

artlady

FB is a problem for many, it is not something i post on much but when i do open it it seems so many want you to know what they ate , where they shopped and brag about something they think is so very special every day they get on . i don't care where they ate , who they saw, what they bought and how much they spend . Geesh get a grip on life why don't you .  LOL. I do enjoy seeing friends grandkids or photos of trips etc . Also last night in surfing the TV i saw a new show for me Monster-In -Laws not sure it is good but some might enjoy it , not really impressed too much for the short time i watched but might give it another look when I'm not so tired.

Pooh

I have always been here.  "Proud to be a Tennessee Vol!" (even though they have been really awful the last 4 years!)  My blood bleeds ORANGE!!  Wish that I was on old Rocky Top.......

I think no matter where you leave, there are certain "characteristics" that people associate you with.  We are hospitable but stupid and inbred (Ok, so there really are some of those here), Northern Yanks are rude, we all know what they say about California :)   I don't worry about it.  It kind of gets me tickled when people refer to Southerners as ignorant bible thumpers.  They are partially right! Lol.
Joseph Campbell

Lillycache

Monster-in-Laws?  lol!!!   Touching! Must be a hoot!

Pooh

I watched some of the episodes last year.  It's hit and miss.  There are some real doosies on there.
Joseph Campbell

artlady

Hey we are next door Pooh, I'm in NC.  I don't fret at all about what they say about us , once they have been here for a while they love the life style and the area so much they dare say a word. No way would I move.  Love it

Pooh

NC is my favorite place to ride our motorcycle!  We can be there in about an hour and love riding the mountains there.
Joseph Campbell

artlady

We are closer to the beach area than the mountains but all in all pretty close to both depending on which beach or part of the mountains we are going . We traveled to Tenn to get both of our pups , have a good friend living in Fairfield Glade. NC has beautiful mountains in fact we will be going that way in a few weeks jsut waiting on the weather ( as it looks like today ) to get hotter so we need to escape it   lol