March 28, 2024, 05:19:57 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Another Milestone In Sight

Started by Keys Girl, May 21, 2012, 08:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

constantmargaret

There are so few people in this world we can trust that we feel we can't afford to lose even one. I understand your loss.

Not to compare this to your loss, but when I learned Fred Rogers died I bawled my eyes out.  :'(

Keys Girl

CM, you put it into words so well, you are right, there are few people that you can really trust, so losing one is really difficult. 

If you cried when Fred Rogers died, then you had good reason to.  We all have our reasons for all the people we miss.

KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Keys Girl

Just a short update -

A. To my great surprise, I was able to find a new doctor.  By chance I came upon someone who knew her and told me that a segment of her patient base was leaving the city and she was taking on new patients.  I had an appointment within a day and I'm now her patient.  I'll always miss my other doctor but it's so nice not to be flying without a net.

B. The nasty friend who had all the compassion of a brick when my mother died has become somewhat demanding.  I decided not to waste a minute with her any longer and have been vey busy so there's no room for me to listen to her plans and keep her company.  I'm glad I re-read this thread, I had forgotten her my happy funeral remarks.  Wow, now I'm realizing how nasty that was, passive-aggressive or just plain stick-the-knife-in-your-back-when-you-are-grieving just for the fun of it.

She doesn't live close by thankfully and Haley's comet may be back before I waste a minute with her again.

Thanks again to everyone who gave me a shoulder to lean on when it seemed I was just getting hit with one loss or some unexpected cruelty.

KG

Pen

Great news, Keys! It seems you've come across some people in your life recently who will be helpful & important to you - first the bench ladies & now your doctor. Time to let "the brick" go.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Keys Girl

Thanks, Pen, can't help but think that "The Bench Ladies" would be a good title for a book or article.  It has a nice ring to it, thanks for using it.

KG