March 28, 2024, 09:55:44 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Very rough day

Started by Pooh, May 21, 2012, 09:32:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

When tragic things happen around me, I am reminded how insignificant my problems are.  Today is one of those days.  I may have problems, but I am blessed also to be surrounded by people that do love me and by wonderful people.  I am always amazed at the courage and strength that people show in the toughest of situations.  It is humbling to watch people set aside their personal problems to surround each other with compassion at the worst of times. 

Today, I am very thankful to see that compassion is still alive and well in others.  We lost an Officer last night.  He was responding to a call and wrecked.  He was so young and leaves behind a wife and three small children.  He was one of the good guys.  He would come in and sit with the dispatchers and it was important to him to get to know them all.  I have watched all morning as dispatchers have comforted each other.  I have watched as people have come in on their off days to send home those that worked this tragic event.  We have had seasoned Officers come in today, in tears, and still have hugged the grieving dispatchers and consoled each other.  They have set aside their differences to come together for this family and each other.

So even though this week will be hard, I wanted to say that it is so reassuring, uplifting and thought provoking to see the kindness that still surrounds people.  It's easy to become jaded when we deal with our own issues, but today, I'm not jaded, I'm hopeful and blessed with many things.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Oh, Pooh...sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Doe

(((Pooh)))  and heartfelt thoughts for his family.

lancaster lady

Even though these officers live for their careers , and none would change , its always heartbreaking to lose one .
Sincerest sympathy for all .

Pen

I am so sorry, Pooh. My thoughts go out to you & everyone who loved & admired this fine young man. You're right, an event like this does put everything into perspective.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

elsieshaye

I'm sorry, Pooh.  Sending my best thoughts.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Glenda

So sorry Pooh.  Sending much love....

firelight

I just posted this positive quote under that topic but I'm going to post it here too:

"No amount of darkness can hide a spark of light."  ~unknown

That officer sounds like he was a spark of light in the darkness.

Much love..... 
Firelight

"When you allow life to flow... without struggle... your Soul is restored."   ~z2z~