April 19, 2024, 06:44:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I'm getting used to this

Started by Lillycache, May 17, 2012, 10:58:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artlady

I'm trying my best to be there for her, she said plan on tomorrow, now she texted me an hour or so to say he might come home tomorrow so come on up today if i want. DH thinks his dad and stepmom ( who let them know i don't know but they r worrying her to death she said ) must be coming , so maybe that is the change of plans( they won't stay over night ) but she won't know her timing . It is hard to know when to go now. Very discouraged and in limbo.

Doe

I think that if you don't like him, now's not a good time to go.   If I had a serious medical condition, having someone around who disapproved of me would not be a healing influence.   I mean, would you want him at your home if it was your liver?

artlady

Oh I am very nice when around him , I act just like always have , never rude or say anything to him so to give him the idea that he has hurt my feelings. No I won't be there when he gets home as I know how he doesn't like family( his or hers ) around for births so I can only assume he doesnt want any now. I've got way more sense then that LOL. I'd only go to stay with her at night and mornings before she goes up to the hospital or run errands, for whatever she needs. 

Doe

LOL - ok, artlady, you know what's best for you.

artlady

LL  she does invite me and want me to come , I've just skirted some of the invites for over night and I have gone but figure it best not to stay when he is home so not to upset him , if he doesn;t want family there. Doe , funny i use to know or thought i did what was best for me and now I'm just running into walls , twiddling my thumbs, talking to myself but not yet answering on what is best . I have absolutley no clue because I"m so numb by all of it for so long . When I'm in public, at work or with them I'm my bubbly self , so others can't see my pain .