March 28, 2024, 05:13:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Completely done with DIL/SM

Started by Pooh, May 15, 2012, 07:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artlady

So so sorry Pooh as these people don't have a heart or they would never hurt someone so cruelly, not to a father and his child he hasn't seen and getting ready to deploy. I do wish I could understand people like the DIL/SM  as they should be on the top 10 wanted list for first class adult bullies.  The great thing was to hear gd looks like her dad, sounds cute as a button with red hair. One day these horrible ( can't say what I'd like to ) things will have theirs and hope not long and you can tell us all about it . hugs to you

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Oh YES !
Karma worked for me bigtime ..... :P

artlady

Karma is a good thing , hope you have it soon and I wouldn't mind a bit of it for myself .

autumnlady

Pooh!  I completely understand where you coming from on this one.  It seems that respect is a word of the past and I for one feel your anger and this time it's justified.  This is why reality shows are so big everyone loves DRAMA!  What happened to people truly caring about one another...Hang in there girl...we are all here for you!

Pen

A little redhead...maybe a bit feisty like her GM??  ;)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Footloose

>:(  Not good at ALL!  What is happening to this country and these adult people!  I have no room in my life for drama!  Especially from hurtful scum like these!  I still do not understand the gall of some folks and pushing good people to the curb or punching them in the gut.  This is the same kind of abuse and it is much more hurtful.  pooh, I pray for your peace.  hugs <3

Keys Girl

Pooh, I'm so sorry for you but I wholeheartedly endorse you slamming the door shut and bolting it too.  It's all about power, the power to inflict pain and the satisfaction that some people get by being the perpetrators of cruelty. 

Take care of yourself, KG
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

Ruth

Pooh, I have to say I felt a little deja vu reading this.  Many people are just so amazingly insensitive that it behooves you to see how they can have a heartbeat.  I don't think they have a clue.  My DM, just today on the phone, remarked to me that 'ds came by to see her over the w/e, he looked great, yes and he said his girlfriend was out of town for a couple of weeks....blah blah', now this is the same ds who has estranged me, her own daughter, and she doesn't even see how distressing it is to me, to talk about it so casually and the fact is I didn't even know he had 'a girlfriend.'  My dm has always been this way, she isn't cruel she just doesn't get it.  But most of my dss are the same way.  I don't think its uncommon, just abominable.  I'm sorry your ds had to be wounded this way.

Pooh

I'm sorry Ruth, I know that's very hard to hear.  My biological Dad, when we went by his house the day before Mother's day to give my SM a gift starting talking about my OS.  He was going on and on about him.  My Dad bowls on a league and had bowled in the State tournament.  My OS is on the board of directors for the bowling association (been bowling since he was 5).  He was talking about how they bowled next to each other and he was giving him a hard time about his bowling, blah blah blah.  I just sat and listened and didn't say anything, because I know he wasn't trying to be cruel, just wasn't thinking. 
Joseph Campbell

forever spring

I'm sorry to hear that you saw your GD in a photo only and had to do a search to find them. Unbelievable. The circumstances are just awful to think about. Lock those doors, some things are beyond redemption.
Karma will work its mysterious way and the cruelty will bounce back on them.

Pooh

Thank you FS.  It has been locked and deadbolted.  :)  He ever wants to reconcile, he better bring a hacksaw.
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

I too have shut the door!  My son once said that I act like he owes me for raising him for 19 yrs and beyond.  I never defended myself during the interrogation as I knew my defense would make it worse.  So I shaddap!

Now I know the correct reply.  "YES, you do owe me three things, love, respect and inclusion!  just as I owe these things to my other family, friends and future friends!  It is simply the Golden Rule, remember we all learned this in preschool and kindergarten?!

My heart is permanently guarded against hurt from others so I will be very careful with folks who wish to harm and disrespect.  That INCLUDES family too.  I left a man who loved me so but there was too much anger and control in him.  Why would I take it from my only child and his wife?!  Love does make you nutz but I am getting healthy!  I feel liberated now.  Completely untethered.  Free at LAST!

I wish you peace, Pooh my sister!  You deserve it cuz u r a good cookie:)