March 28, 2024, 03:38:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Just shoot me now!

Started by Orly, April 23, 2010, 07:23:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orly

Here it is the day after Earth Day 2010 and once again I have woken up to see a lovely carpet of SNOW ON THE GROUND!  Huge, fluffy flakes floating down from the sky.  Damp, wet roads.   I am sooooo ready for continuous warm weather, that I am just about to cry this morning.  Yes, we need the moisture, I just wish it could have been in the form of rain.    Just shoot me.....shoot me now.

cremebrulee

April 23, 2010, 07:43:03 AM #1 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 08:04:38 AM by cremebrulee
Quote from: Orly on April 23, 2010, 07:23:07 AM
Here it is the day after Earth Day 2010 and once again I have woken up to see a lovely carpet of SNOW ON THE GROUND!  Huge, fluffy flakes floating down from the sky.  Damp, wet roads.   I am sooooo ready for continuous warm weather, that I am just about to cry this morning.  Yes, we need the moisture, I just wish it could have been in the form of rain.    Just shoot me.....shoot me now.

awwwww Orley,

I aimed, but I couldn't pull the trigger....LOL...not on someone as nice as you....I cannot believe your getting snow again?  However, if you can dearheart....look at it this way...they had a lot of tornado's in the mid west yesterday, so thankfully, it isn't destructive, except to the expectations of spring....right?  Hun, don't cry, I'm sending positive thoughts up your way....and remember, when spring does arrive, oh boy, is it going to be gorgeous, from all this snow....

oh, and you can always come and stay with me until spring comes...you and Happy Days , whoa, would we ever be a team?

Hugs and sending out lotsa positive karma and hopes that this snow melts quickly and spring is just around the corner for you....

Orly

"Sniff", thanks Creme.

I want to get out in the garden and dig in the earth....put in the peat and the manure to get it ready for some tomatoes (which I won't be able to plant until after Mother's Day if I'm lucky).   Now all I can do is look at white...and hopefully not find any "presents" left under it by the puppy,on my way to the garage.

cremebrulee

Quote from: Orly on April 23, 2010, 08:02:53 AM
"Sniff", thanks Creme.

I want to get out in the garden and dig in the earth....put in the peat and the manure to get it ready for some tomatoes (which I won't be able to plant until after Mother's Day if I'm lucky).   Now all I can do is look at white...and hopefully not find any "presents" left under it by the puppy,on my way to the garage.

I know, there is nothing more rewarding then getting outside and working in one's garden....well, cheer up, I won't start mine until you start yours....how's that?

Orly

OH NO!  Get yours started as soon as you can....I can just enjoy the thought of yours growing lush and beautiful.  I may have to replant mine more than once because of cold weather....goes with the altitude and climate.

Hope

Quote from: Orly on April 23, 2010, 07:23:07 AM
So sorry, Orly!  You must live in the north pole.  Who ever heard of snow this late in the year?  That's craziness!  You must have a ton of school snow days in your area.  Maybe if you worked at a school you could take advantage of the abundance of snow - j/k.  Hang in there..........it will be sunny and warm before you know it.  I can see beautiful flowers in your future.  Hugs, Hope

Postscript

Orly if it's any consolation, it's two days after earth day and I am sick of summer!  We are drought stricken here, we have to save water if we want any next summer to drink and it's just ridiculous.  Traditionally Easter is a washout holiday, everyone goes camping Thursday night and comes home a bedraggled mess Monday afternoon, not this year!  It's a little cooler than the heat of summer, it's a little easier to sleep at night but that is about it.  It's still sunny, it's still hot and there is no rain!