March 28, 2024, 01:11:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Playing the Victim at the GC's Expense

Started by cpr, April 29, 2012, 01:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

herbalescapes

If you really want LO to know GPs, why not rope in the other GC in the area?  Make arrangements to visit with the cousins, then ask if you can invite the GPs to drop in at the same time.  Or invite GPs and the cousins to your place, making sure each knows the other is invited, too.  A group email can do wonders in advertising your efforts, just gotta make sure the sarcasm and judgement are kept low. 

Good luck.

FAFE

I sure do wish I lived closer to some of you whose kiddos don't have good (?) for a lack of better words grandparents!  I would be Fafe to all of them.  I have 2 of my own.  Get to see one of them a couple times a year - going in June to get him for a week.  The other one I do see a lot more often, but would not mind seeing her every day (LOL).  In fact, I just offered the other day to be a token grandma to one of the guys who works at the grocery store I shop at.  His wife left him at Christmas time with three boys, one who is 3 years old.  Told him I was availble to help him out if he ever needed me to.  And, I''d do it in a heartbeat.