April 19, 2024, 09:16:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Boycott.........Mother's Day

Started by Keys Girl, April 19, 2012, 05:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artlady

Ok ahead of the game , got the new tomatoe planting method done yesterday along with a few other veggies planted but we had very hard rains last night and still drizzling today so when i get my nerve up going to make sure everything didn't get washed away. My luck I'll be repeating work lol

Pen

Re: M-Day

I'm heading to a reunion of old friends the day before & may or may not be home for "the day that shall not be named." DH always says "You're not my mom" & DS will likely be at DIL's DM's celebration as usual. DDD will be sad, but she only comes for the food, lol.

It's a good idea to have a plan :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

The fountain I ordered for myself for Mother's Day came and it's darling. It makes the prettiest sound and reminds me that my mothering is about me and who I have become and how much being a mother helped with the process of maturing and finding self-worth. I did a fabulous job! What my eldest DS did with that was about him, not me, and I am rejoicing in my success! :-)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

artlady

Yes I agree Luis and glad your fountain is wonderful for you. So far so good on the plantings and a few new shrubs i put out , ( for me  lol ) . We have had winter weather here in the south this week so i do hope all if did won't be in vain.  Now to see what other trouble i can get into for my Mother's day treats.  lol

tryingmybest

Oh I forgot about Mothers Dayb ??? Could skip it happily.

Pen

Have a plan, TMB...go do something fabulous for yourself. Hiking, biking, painting, beach day, gallery crawl, bra fitting, what have you :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

artlady

Now Pen that bra fitting idea is a hoot, that might be the last place i would have thought of for Mother's day, but a good one   lol

Pen

Hey, what could be more uplifting? Lol
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SusieQ123

Hi all,

In the past my two sisters and I would talk about where we would like to go on MD and then the cousins would take us to dinner.  This year my son is going through a divorce, so my grandson won't be with us for the first time ever.  That will be very sad.  Even though DS and I haven't been close (I won't go into the whole story, that's been covered), he has never forgotten me on MD.  This year it will probably be just the two of us, and that will be good, because I have some (good) things to say to him, not for GS's ears. 

BTW, A couple of weeks ago a friend of DS died, one who was  close to his age.  DS was with him when he passed away; and that does change us forever.  I am glad that he was a good friend to the very end and admire him for that.  He is still processing it all and I think he's rethinking his thinking.

Anyway, I didn't mean to hijack, only to say it's amazing how things can change.  I believe prayer works.

Pen

Glad to hear your DS is going to be with you, SusieQ. I'm sorry for his loss, but it sounds as if it has opened his eyes.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

I shall visit my Mom and my MIL in celebration of Mother's Day and let them both know how much I appreciate them and value them. 
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Quote from: Pooh on April 30, 2012, 09:38:30 AM
I shall visit my Mom and my MIL in celebration of Mother's Day and let them both know how much I appreciate them and value them.

Good idea.  On a perfect Mother's Day, the only people who should be home are the oldest moms whose moms have passed.  Everyone else should be out visiting their moms!

artlady

Doe
that is exactly what I thought it should be but now that the DD is a first time mother instead of bringing gs to see me she is expecting me to drive there . I";m the oldest and that is how I was raised we went to the grandmother's , after her death to my mothers ( who died way to early at 67). So I guess things have changed but I'd really like the way I was raised but I can see those days are long gone i think.

Pen

Since my mom & MIL passed long ago & DS will be w/his MIL, unless DH suddenly comes up w/ a better idea I'm going for a bra fitting.  :D That pretty much guarantees I'll be alone on Mother's Day, lol.
-- Annie Gottlieb