March 28, 2024, 11:15:39 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Chaotic Life Update

Started by Pooh, April 17, 2012, 08:12:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

She comes across to me as the real thing, P.  8)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

I had my Hee Haw practice last night, in the town I lived in with Ex for 25 years (my parents still live there).  So FDIL wants to ride with me and says, "I'll go visit your Mom and Dad while you practice".  Ok and then I was going over there after practice to deliver the Father's Day present and see them for a few.

FDIL drops me off at practice and comes back an hour later to get me.  She looks upset and so I asked if she was ok.  She tells me that my Mom and Dad weren't there so she went up to see a family friend at work (who I happen to know very well too) and to say hi to SM who works at the same place.  She tells me that when YS was in last, SM and his Dad had told her to please stay in touch with them while YS was gone and keep them in the loop on the GC.  She says she has text them and called them and they have not text her back or called her back.  She's been trying for a month.  So she gets to the workplace and family friend runs out to see her, patting her belly, blah blah blah.  She says she looks up and SM walks out.  So she waves and yells, "Hey XXXXXX".  SM looks at her, kind of throws her hand up and walks back inside, ignoring her.

Yes, this is the same SM that shoved YS's DD pics in his face and wouldn't give them to them.  She was asking me, "What have I done to her? They gripe at YS saying I don't stay in contact, but I've tried and now when I try to see her and talk, she ignores me?"  I felt so bad for her and yes, I'm still furious at SM/DIL over the whole pic ordeal so this just made me madder.  I can't believe she didn't ask her how she was feeling, about the baby, etc.  GRRRRRRR.

The funny part?  I get to Mom's, we get YS on Skype on FDIL's phone which tickled my Mom and Dad to death.  After about 10 minutes, we tell FDIL to go ahead and have some privacy with YS so she goes out on the porch.  I tell my Mom what happened (she already knows about the pic ordeal) and I'm mad and venting saying "I've so had it with SM and Ex!  I don't care what they say about me but I can't believe how cruel they were to YS and now her?  I swear I want to drive up there and just give her an old fashioned whooping in the middle of the road!"

My Mom is shaking her head and my Dad, who is the quietest person ever and sitting in his recliner playing with his gift, stands up and walks over to me and just says, "Two things.  One, if you want to whoop her I'm going with you and whooping your Ex, I never liked him.  And two, your Mom has bail money so we're good."

I can not tell you how hard I was laughing to hear Mr. "I don't say nothing" say that! Lol.  I love my Dad!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Footloose

Hee Haw!  LOL!  So the nut didn't fall too far from the daddy tree, did she?  Hugs, dear!

SM sounds like a real jewel!  NOT! Glad you found a way to overcome her nastiness!   FDIL should be glad she has you and stay away from that miserable person. 

:-\

Elise

Pooh

Yeah, well I found out she told YS about it last night....he not a happy camper.  They are doing themselves in with them.

Love my Hee Haw show.  They have been running it for 27 years.  This is my 9th year in it.  I get to act all a fool in public.  We have raised $396,000ish dollars over it's lifetime for the cancer society.  Had to add a 3rd show 3 years ago because it was selling out on Friday and Saturday, so we do Thursday now too....good times and great people that do the show.

My Dad is one of those that never gets into anything, hardly ever says anything but when he does, it's a zinger.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Pen

Or as Ron White puts it,"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability.."

I love your dad, too. I wish he could adopt me.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

pam1

LOL Pooh!  I want to be a part of your family!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

luise.volta