March 28, 2024, 06:10:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DD is not doing good

Started by diazdebbie, April 12, 2012, 05:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diazdebbie

My dd has been abusing drugs for some time now and the stuff has finally hit the fan for her.  She has been a single parent for about 2-3 years now and has not been taking good care of my GD.   GD is 7yrs old has been transferred to so many schools.  Fortunatley, DD realized that she cant seem to take good care of GD. GD is now for almost 2 weeks staying with her god parents and 3 cousins and is doing good and she's safe. She get's to school on time everyday and is very happy.  About a week 1/2 ago. I went to visit DD to see how she was doing. I dont know what she on, but her mind was a total mess. She was talking to herself outloud and could not communicate with me at all.  I put her in my car and drove her to the local Mental Health Facility.  She was admitted immediatley as a 51/50 She has been there for almost 2 weeks now. She finally came out of her episode but still has trouble focusing.  She hates me now because I took her to that place.  She's finally getting some help.  She's been transferred to a better facility, but she's still very unhappy and has alot of anger and resentment towards me.  She will not give me concent to speak with her doctor about her situation. I just hope and pray that this is rock bottom for her and that she will try really hard to climb out of this mess she has created for herself.  Of course she blames me for everything that has gone wrong in her life.  I dont undstand why, everytime I tried to give her any advise, she always always did the complete opposite.  She is the middle child and only girl in the family (I divorced her dad when she was younger)  She blames me for not giving her a sister.  I come from a very large family and I have 6 sisters.  One of them is a my twin sister.  I dont know what else to do.

luise.volta

My take: There isn't anything else to do except love yourself. You did your best and you did fine. Blame is the perfect excuse for the denial of responsibility. Don't buy it. Sending  love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

I'm guessing the professionals at your DD's facility are pretty hip to the shenanigans of mental patients who have been abusing drugs. They'll not buy her story, and you shouldn't either!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb