April 26, 2024, 09:53:54 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

This is JaneF. daughter and her husband arrested charged with sexual assault!

Started by JaneF, April 06, 2012, 12:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneF

I am so very, very tired. Been a long day my friends. Daughter and her husband arrested and charged with sexualt assault of a child and child endangerment on Thursday morning. Child protective services called me (imagine that).  I HAVE BOTH OF THE BOYS NOW!  My husband and I drove 6 hours round trip to go get them, and of course they came to us with 2 outfits each, no pj's, no underpants etc. Grandson has some meds missing AGAIN! I counted it out right in front of the cps supervisor and said I want that documented!  I also noted his needed meds for the bowels were never opened...cps said they asked my daughter if the child had the bowel disorder, she denied it! I said I can get the doctors statement!  I doubt they will be bonded out because they were arrested while already out on bond for other previous charges...good grief.  Looks like I may have 3 children for a while huh?  It will be a rough ride initially I'm sure, but we will manage. I am glad they are safe...but I am pretty sure that supervisor I had argued with last week is eating crow today! (she came up and introduced herself by name, and I said I am the cranky grandma!!) She KNOWS exactly how I feel. Girls I need rest in a major wat now. I will fill you in more later on. Thanks for all the support during our ordeal, keep sending prayers...PLEASE!  J

FAFE

Jane, my heart goes out to you.  But, you have done good, Girlfriend.  Got those kids out of a bad situation and even though it will hard on you, they are in a much better place.  Wish I lived closer to you and could help you out a little.  Actually, I don't know where you live, just assuming that we're not close!  Hope your daughter and her whatever gets some much needed help or either spends the rest of their lives where they cannot hurt any more innocent children and the people who love them. 

Ruth

I have prayed for you Jane, long and hard.  You will have the strength and wisdom to do what you have to through out this new challenge to your life.  I feel a great sense of relief today, and I feel encouraged when I look at the storms and mountains in my own life that I'm often reduced to fearing that it is hopeless, they will not move, I have hope again, and you have inspired me by your loving  heart and your strength.  I know it must be so painful that this involves your own daughter, but you have set a wonderful example to all of us here who are in agony over our a/c, that we can't play this game by our emotions, there are issues far more important than our emotions and you have shown the skill and wisdom in sorting through those emotions and doing what is right. 

nikncon

I am so happy for all of you.Those boys will have the best Easter ever.Hugs.You and your DH are awsome.!! Best of luck in the weeks to come.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

luise.volta

I am thinking of how all of the above can be true and then there is no grandma. One of my sort of daughters is a foster mother to new babies and sometimes their siblings. Children that CPS takes but has no one in the family is willing or able to help. The last one was born addicted to every kind of drug available with an older sister who was covered with lice and scabs and hate. The two before that were abused by being beaten and starved. She takes them in and gives them the kind of loving care that gives them a chance until an adoptive family can be found. She usually has two babies at the same time. Did you know there are couples who will adopt these little guys who are blinded and with brain damage or are born with permanent defects and then abused? I didn't.

I deeply admire you J -  and send prayers and loving energy your way. I believe that those who minister to helpless children are of the angelic realm.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

It's really sad to think about the kids who have no one. I deeply admire those who take them on and give them all the love and care they need.

JaneF, you are a hero to your GC. You know it won't always be easy...but it won't always be hard. I hope there are resources for respite for you occasionally so you don't burn out. Make sure you take time for yourself when possible, even an afternoon of pedi/mani/hair if that's your thing.

Bless you & your DH!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

lancaster lady

well Jane ....Justice has been done !
thank goodness you never gave up , all your hard work has been rewarded , and rightly so .
Those little ones are in the best possible place to recover , and you know they do forget easily
once their lives are secure again .
I hope you get all the help you need and then some , take care .

Didi.lost

Jane I have been following your story.  I am so glad your got those children to safety.  You are a very wonderful person.  I am praying for you that you can have some peace in your lives.  It is so sad to think your own DD could be involved in something like this.  I hope everything works out well for you.

Lots of Love and prayers to you.

artlady

Jane F. What an Easter Blessing you are to those little boys and to all of us that have followed your story. I now know that there is light at the end of the tunnel , no matter what we have to walk through to get there or how long it takes . You have inspired us all with you strength , determination , support and unconditional love for these grandkids. You are a true hero to them and to us . Love , Hugs and lots of bunny kisses to the grands.

pam1

JaneF, good on you.  I'm thankful that you are there for those children.  You have a big heart.
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

JaneF

Well hello my dear friends on a Saturday afternoon. I am exhausted, but we are doing okay. My littlest one who will be 4 in August got sick yesterday at about 1 pm he began throwing up, and since I had to take the boys to a physician within 24 hours (orders from cps  ;D ), it worked out good. He was given a nausea med since he did it several more times within an hour. Then during the night he was sick almost every hour on the hour....2 baths, 3 loads of bedding and other laundry, and a trip to the emergency room to make sure he was not dehydrated, a stop at the pharmacy for suppositories...gee, wonder why I am so tired?  lol The 8 year old is doing very well, and says he is happy he is where he is safe again. I am trying to type with a 3 year old snoozing soundly in my lap with his Toy Story Comforter wrapped around him...very sweet to see a chils sleeping huh? I had to go out yesterday and purchase pj's for each one, socks for one, undies for both, some shorts and shirts, and one a pair of shoes. The little one picked out a bike helmet and knee pads so when he is well we can go to the school track and ride. He chose Siderman...cute. Husband and I plan to speak to attorney about trying to get at least temporary custody or guardianship. I would much rather cps not have control...I feel I am MORE capable of caring for them actually than they are. Also I KNOW that kids who are in foster care (which is what they seem to want us to do, get licensed and be their foster parents  >:( they can be placed for adoption after the 15 months!!! From the 6 felony charges and the added child molestation charge and other circumstances involved like taking photos of the events  ???, and drugs involving the child, my guess is my daughter may be sentenced to the pen for a bit of time...once she eventually GETS to trial, which seems it can take 6 months to a year! I refuse to allow ANY chance these kids will be going ANYWHERE else but here...even though my daughter was so cruel as to tell cps she didn't want me to have them! Oh I see, she'd rather they be in foster care? She actually suggested her husbands family take them! Why in the world should THAT ever happen, they are not related at all. I thank you for all your kind comments and support. To be honest I am just an ordinary grandma that loves her grandchildren and will do everything in my power to help and protect them...J

Ruth

Jane just be sure you get the best legal advice you can buy in this situation.  As I've said before, I was a volunteer GAL (maybe CASA in your state?) and I never saw children removed from a good relative home, and your GAL is your best advocate for these children, I can't imagine you not being awarded legal custody, but I would still get legal advice and make your decision stick.  Securing your own attorney is going to be worth the money.  One of the last cases I had was similar to yours.  The gm had assumed care of the children w/o CPS being involved, but they came in there and took them away from her and put them in a licensed foster home, she hired her own attorney and got them back permanently. 

lancaster lady

They belong with you Jane , no doubt about it .
With a family that loves them , your D wants to punish you by saying that .
I hope they settle in quickly for your sake .
I would do exactly the same in your shoes , good luck .

NewMama

Glad your GSs are now in your care! What a relief that must be to you (and them).

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb