March 28, 2024, 12:50:17 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Working my way through

Started by TM, April 05, 2012, 07:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TM

April 05, 2012, 07:21:40 PM Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 07:27:29 PM by luise.volta
Working my way through and hoping to make sense of my DS and his estrangement.  After posting on here and receiving support and strength from the amazing women who replied I'd like to hope that i can one day give back to others in the same position.  Also trying to read as much as possible in an attempt to find out what we as parents may have done to cause problems and make things the way they are and just like so many who have been loving, kind and responsible we are groping around in the dark.
I recently came across this amazing book I'm Still Your Mother: How To Get Along With Your Grown Up Children by Jane Adams.  Wonderful and full of wisom for all different scenarios.  Has helped me more than I can say with it's insights and straightforward language.  A must read for anyone in pain.

I also posted this under the helpful resources topic and thought it might reach more people on this topic as well.   Good luck

luise.volta

I commented on this under the Helpful Resources category. The book sounds great but I've deleted the quote fro your postdue to copywrite law. Every member of WWU is responsible for reading and complying with the Forum Agreement (on the Home Page under Open Me First. It's just part of what is necessary to have a site like this. Please feel free to paraphrase the part that you wanted to share. Thanks.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

TM

April 05, 2012, 07:35:21 PM #2 Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 08:02:17 PM by luise.volta
Sorry, thanks again

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama