April 19, 2024, 12:31:31 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

daughter said she was coming to get my grandson she said, he will be destroyed

Started by JaneF, March 14, 2012, 09:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Sparkles, welcome. You are free to read past posts to get caught up on threads if you like!

Please take a minute to read the pink-highlighted materials under Open Me First on the home page. You'll find guidelines for posting, our history and some other useful information about the site. We ask this of all new members to make sure the site is a good fit.

Best wishes on this journey, lots of support here.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

JaneF

Welcome Sparkles! And thanks for your kind post. There are wonderful gals here to offer great support...trust me! It has been a difficult situation here. Just this morning I had to act "nice" to my control freak daughter to try to get her to sign permission for my grandson to have this therapy he really needs badly...go figure. I know the therapist has no choice, she is doing what she has to do of course. As long as this little fella gets therapy I don't care how he gets it or who has to give the permission. My daughter is still drawing the government assistance on this child even though I have had him since Feb 20. She has done that before (which is fraud), but the state never will press charges on her for it...gee no wonder us tax payers have to keep paying huh? When I spoke to my daughter this morning she said something which made my heart literally stop for a second. She says after school is out in the middle of May she is coming to get him.   >:(
She KNOWS her husband mistreats him, but she will do it anyway. Makes me queasy just thinking about it. I wish CPS would do something, I am so angry! She then said she will send him back to us when school is to resume. Basically she wants the welfare check and food stamps for him, and does not care if jerking him back and forth is harming him. Also they are getting ready to move AGAIN within a week or so, but into a tiny 2 bedroom mobile home. So...if both boys are there and act like children and make any noise, their situation may be harsher because the space will be very limited, and sound is magnified in a trailer house, so I fear the grandsons will be treated even worse then! The second bedroom in most mobile homes is very, very small. We own several that we rent out so we know all about it! I obviously have not said a word to grandson about this newest bit of news. I will talk to therapist about it as soon as possible though. I spoke with his teacher (as I always do at least weekly), and she said he has good days and bad days. He is so fearful still. Well ladies, I need to catch a few hours sleep before the bus drops the little darlings off at 3 pm. Third shift is hard on me, but at least I am able to get him to appointments etc, and be home if one is sick etc...so it all works out. I didn't sleep yesterday since my husband works on weekends, so I was tired when I went to work already! lol Have a most lovely day. And I forgot to answer Sparkles question about my daughter...yes she can be a danger to herself because of the bipolar and drug abuse, sexual activity with many, and can be violent as well. I have talked to law enforcement, prosecutors, juvenile office, cps etc...so far it has gotten me ZIP, ZERO. I will keep trying though to protect these innocent children. Ta ta for now!  J

Pooh

Oh Jane.  So tough to hear she wants them back when school ends.  I wonder if the therapist could have any influence with CPS, etc. after therapy starts?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

shorewil

Ask the therapist and the teacher to write down their observations - strictly observations and then you make COPIES!!! Present them to the CPS yourself- get them into his file. Hopefully the teacher will write about the smallimprovemnets which she has seen in his behavior since you have had him . Hope this helps ...

artlady

Jane as a retired teacher we wrote things and testified in court for DSS here in NC. I know we helped cases plenty of times even in custody so  I do hope the teacher will be able to write all the positive things she is seeing and that it will make a great weight on the case for you . Good luck

Pen

JaneF, hoping for the best for you and your GC. I'm so sorry your DD is playing these awful games.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

JaneF

Well, it has been 2 full days since I contacted the child protective service worker and left a message...of course there has been no response to my call and to be honest I am ANGRY! I just feel like nobody cares about these little boys but my husband and I. I have NOT mentioned the fact that my DD said she plans to come take GS when school lets out mid May (to GS I mean). I want to discuss this with therapist FIRST before he is told. That is IF my DD sent permission for his therapy to even continue! I will find out when therapist returns on Monday. I hope she will not deny him the therapy he needs...but knowing her and her husband it would not surprise me at all. I will raise the biggest fuss you ever saw though if that is the case! GS has improved a little each day, but still has a very, very long road ahead. The damage is very apparent and it literally makes me furious. I simply cannot understand how anyone can harm a child in any way. I am going to make more phone calls this morning and see if I can't get someone to help us in this situation. If I get nothing done I fear my next move will be a large NEWS channel that has a "PROBLEM SOLVERS" arena for those who want to voice complaints about things...LET ME VOICE MY COMPLAINTS PLEASE!!!!!!!  LOL  Wish me luck, I may need it ladies. They are really getting this young granny fired up and ready for battle to help these children. Have a most joyous day my friends.  J

nikncon

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

lancaster lady

hopefully it's an empty threat Jane , and i hope you get the support you need , if anyone deserves it , it's you and those
wee boys .

artlady

I am thinking about you and do hope the best for you , Dh and those precious little gs.   I do hope that you soon get some answers from the powers that be and things make a differtent directions for all. You are in my thoughts and prayers so hopefully is will make a difference soon . take care and love those boys