December 08, 2019, 07:03:05 pm


"Welcome to -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Need some support here...

Started by tryingmybest, June 09, 2012, 02:26:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lancaster lady

It's amazing how different we feel when we reach that ''No more'' stage .
I think they realise it too , when we stop contacting them .
They came looking for me when I reached that 'no more' stage .
Still the child pushing the parent to the limit, do they ever grow up ?


Reclaimed self respect. Priceless! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama


"I'm older and have more insurance!"

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell


LOL Pooh and Footloose!

Footlose, I can really relate.  I used to think just talking it out could solve anything.  Unfortunately not everyone can do that.  It took me a long time to realize that not only anything I did different (even in my own personal life that does not affect them one iota) but even in *voicing* a different point of view or opinion was taken as very threatening on their end.  Hard to believe there are people out there like that, I'm still sort of in shock!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift


Pam, Shocked is the word!  Shocked that I actually shat him out and he could be like that?  Did he come from ME? 

Alien Encounter: Invasion of the Body Snatchers?