April 24, 2024, 12:03:52 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

daughter said she was coming to get my grandson she said, he will be destroyed

Started by JaneF, March 14, 2012, 09:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaneF

I am so upset I didn't go to work.  I never miss work, but my heart feels like it has been cut out.  My daughter is in one of her bipolar rages again.  She went to court today about her assaulting that girl in the courthouse, and was told she needs to get a lawyer as she is facing jail time, but probably just probation. She goes to trial April 18.  But sadly here is my dilemma girls...she is now very paranoid, and has sent me 2 text messages and has screamed at me on the phone as well (she is clearly out of control), she is threatening to come and pick up my grandson and take him back again.  He has been here 3 weeks and is quite frankly a real psychological mess.  If she does this I fear he will totally just shut down all together.  He is so terrified he sleeps in our room now and is doing better.  My husband said he woke up at almost 1 am and just said "papa?", and my husband answered with just "yes?" and he laid back down to sleep...so very scared and insecure.  Now if she shows up to rip him out of our home and school again...I fear the worst for him.  She probably needs him to come back so she can have him babysit all day for the 3 year old so she can be in a drug induced haze!  There isn't a thing I can do about it either.  I am angry that she tells me when she gave him to me again that her reason was because her husband is mean to him and mistreats him and he isn't happy...yet she is willing to take him back there anyway???  Girls I feel defeated at this point.  Nothing I have done has ultimately helped to assure his safety...I have had no help what so ever from child protective services.  So here I will sit just waiting for her to show up and destroy this little boy again.  Sorry I just had to vent...I am so so exhausted and angry right now.  J

luise.volta

I can only tell you that I am here for you. All I can do is send love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

JaneF

Bless you Luise.  My gut is in knots from worrying about the grandson I have as well as the one she still has.  I just spoke to a lady that knows her, and my daughter just said to her something about while the one has been here her husband has not had to deal with the childs bull!  Makes me so very angry.  I am going to have a cup of coffee and sit here and brain storm. There hAS to be a way to protect these children!  Thanks for the support...I appreciate it.  J

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

artlady

I know this is a hard time for you and that grandson. I"ll prayer that she doesn't come back but I know in years to come those little boys will know who loves them and will always be there for them, their grandmother

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Didi.lost

So sorry you have to go through this.  Wish things were better for you.  I
understand. Praying for you.  Lots of love

lancaster lady

Jane ...Move house and take GS with you .....oh how desperate you must be .
I would annoy CPS until they do something !
I really don't know why , what with school and medical reports , they can't act now .
I'm afraid I wouldn't let him go , that's just me , kids come first always .
You are in my thoughts daily ... :'(

JaneF

I don't have much time to update...so a few quick notes then I'll fill you all in later!  I called attorney geeral, governor, prosecutors, juvenile office...and I can't remember what all!  The cps worker that was here and LIED on the school...is no longer on this case per my request (so to speak  ;)).  The new cps worker is coming today in a few minutes, and it's really funny that since cps supervisors were getting calls from attorney generals office and governors office...they have been blowing up my phone and tripping over themselves calling me back!!!  Imagine that ladies...word of advice to these folks  AL OF THEM...THIS PARTICULAR GRANDMOTHER INTENDS TO FIGHT AND SCRATCH AND CLAW AND ROAR UNTIL I AM HEARD AND LISTENED TO!!!!!  mY HUBBY AND i ARE THE VOICE FOR THESE CHILDREN...AND TRUST ME WHEN I SAY I CAN BE PRETTY LOUD AND VOCAL WHEN THE NEED ARISES!!!  I will keep you posted when I have nestled the young ones in bed for the night!  Thanks so so so much for the support...you are the wind in my sails right now and I appreciate it with all my heart.  J

JaneF

Didi.lost

Well messed with the wrong grandmother now.  Hope they help you now.  Good for you sticking up for your GC.  These DD need to get a clue, I'm telling you.  My DD just told me to get a clue.  Ya I did finally.  Best of luck.
Lots of Love

FAFE

Jane, you are such a good advocate for your grandchildren.  I can tell that you will go to the ends of the earth for them.  Even though you only have the one GS now, I am keeping my fingers crossed that your action will get the other child out of that mess too.  New mantra - don't tick JaneF off! 

lancaster lady

shorewil

Keep roarin' , Mama !!!! The squeaky wheel does get the grease !!!